Big Sur in February?

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 03:11 PM
Amy

Big Sur in February?

Hi everyone-
Do you know what the weather will be like in Big Sur in February? I am planning a weekend getaway there and might reconsider if it's miserable that time of year.
Thanks!

Old Jun 27th, 2000, 03:24 PM
kam

Hi Amy, Big Sur in February is a crapshoot! Generally we are still in our rainy season and if it rains hard in Big Sur you won't see a thing and will be frustrated trying to drive the coast. I would suggest, however, that if you want to chance it, make your reservations in Carmel and wait for a nice day to drive down through Big Sur and back. If it's raining, Carmel and Monterey offer much more to do. You just have to play this one by ear. None of us residents of No.Ca. can predict what the weather will be next February. It's a wonderful area no matter what, don't know what your alternative would be as almost all of California might be rainy at that time of year, though the chances diminish as you travel south. However, one of the most glorious days I've spent lately was on a daytrip with some Aussie visitors to Carmel/Pt. Lobos in January!!--cold, but blue skies and lots of sunshine! Two days before it poured in SF! There's no guarantees.