Beverly Hills/West Holloywood Hotels

Aug 3rd, 2008, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

Beverly Hills/West Holloywood Hotels

Hi all,

I will be in LA in September for a few days and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good hotel. I'm basically looking in the BH/W.Hollywood area. I will have a car so parking fees will be an issue I'm sure. Looking to spend in the low 200's per night, which would include my parking and also internet access.
I was looking into the Residence Inn on Beverly in BH. Anyone familiar with that? Is it within walking distance to W. Hollywood? Melrose? Rodeo?

Thanks so much for any advice or input!
Aug 3rd, 2008, 06:10 PM

The Residence Inn on South Beverly (actually in Los Angeles) is not within walking distance of WeHo or Melrose. The shopping area of Rodeo Drive is about one mile away but an easy, level walk.

Were you only interested in seeing Beverly Hills and WeHo?
Aug 3rd, 2008, 06:54 PM

There are several cheap-ish hotels in the West Hollywood area, including a Holiday Inn:

http://www.all-hotels.com/holiday-in...y_hills_e1.htm

and a Ramada http://www.ramadaweho.com/rwhintro.html

Also, I've been using this new website called Tripfilms lately which allows you to watch videos that other travelers have made about hotels, restaurants, things to do, etc....here's a link to the LA hotels page:

http://www.tripfilms.com/hotels-l311...el-videos.html

Hope this helps!
Aug 3rd, 2008, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Hi Jean, thanks for responding. It is not important that it be in walking distance to WeHo or Melrose, but I was just curious. My biggest thing is, believe it or not, is finding a hotel that has self parking that is within 5-10 miles of WeHo/Bev Hills. It seems most hotels are Valet only, and I will be in and out ALOT the 3 days I will be there. Any ideas?
Aug 3rd, 2008, 09:21 PM

We enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Beverly Hills when we were in CA. The website seems to indicate self parking is $20 per day.
Aug 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM

I believe the Farmer's Daughter on Fairfax has free parking. Fun place. http://www.farmersdaughterhotel.com
Aug 4th, 2008, 05:46 AM

The Chamberlain is the totally redone Summerfield Suites where I've stayed many times -- much more beautiful that it was when I stayed there. It's in the small residential "triangle" between Sunset, Santa Monica Blvd, and La Cienega -- a great location. It has gated self parking below it.
It's an all suite hotel, but the studio suites are sort of a sunken living room with fireplace deal with a raised bedroom and bath area.

I'm not sure what they charge for parking, but at least it is self parking with an elevator up to your floor. There's also a roof top pool, and the views are wonderful, although the building is only four or five stories high.

I glanced at the website, didn't check for specials, but still found $239 and $249 rates in September.

www.chamberlainwesthollywood.com/index.html