Search

beverly hills renaissance

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 07:22 AM
tim

beverly hills renaissance

I am visiting LA near the end of march and
booked a room at the BH ren. Is this hotel
conventient to the tourist areas(ie Rodeo drive, tv studios, restaurants, santa monica
and beach areas.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

tim

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Shannon

Tim,
This hotel is located on Pico and Beverwil, located in Beverlywood, about a block south of Beverly Hills. It's about a mile from Rodeo Drive's shopping district (Rodeo Drive also is residential). The closest t.v. studio is 20th Century, about 2 miles west on Pico Blvd. 20th Century is at Pico and Motor Ave. Motor Ave. is unique in that it dead ends in one direction at 20th Century, and dead ends to the south at MGM (about 3 miles from 20th Century). MGM and Sony Pictures (right by MGM) are located in Culver City, while 20th Century is located in Rancho Park.

Pico Boulevard, by the way, heading West, ends at the Pacific Ocean (Santa Monica). About 6 miles from the hotel, a quick 15 minute drive. If using public transportation, you'd take the Blue Bus (No. 5) straight down the the beach.

Beverly Hills, of course, has a ton of restaurants of all price ranges, many along Beverly between Olympic and Wilshire. The hotel is also within walking distance of Delmonico's, a nice seafood restaurant, Factor's Deli (good for brunch) and a number of kosher restaurants.

Heading west on Pico, past 20th Century, is the Westside Pavillion. There's quite a few really great restaurants to discover around that area, from Gyu Gaku (always an hour wait, but good food and fun), Anna's (traditional 50's style italian), Jaipur (outstanding Indian food), La Serranda (expanded and changed their menu -- food now pretty good -- saw Tricia Toyota there last week), Louisiana Shrimp (cajun style food), and a bunch more heading up Westwood blvd. towards Westwood Village. Oh yes, I forgot the Apple Pan, a westside tradition.

This should get you started!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:55 PM
tim

shannon

appreciate the info. Looks like i will be in an area perfect for what i want to
do.
thanks again
tim

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:41 AM
Barbara

CBS Studios is about 15 minutes away from the hotel, NBC & Universal Studios about 45 minutes. Don't know what you'll see at Fox, MGM, or Sony (besides Jeopardy)....

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:22 PM
TC

This is one of our favorite hotels. The rooms are wonderful and the location is great. Good choice, Tim.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 06:04 AM
Shannon

If you are interested in seeing t.v. shows, the easiest way is through Audiences Unlimited. Their website is tvtickets.com. We have used them on many occasions when friends have visited us from out of state or from overseas. The tickets are free. It depends upon when they are filming. To see a current list, click on the left side under Studios. That also gives you a comprehensive list of the location and security information. (The website also lists cancelled shows).

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 08:25 AM
Tim

can i use public transportation to the
tv studios or should i just drive? I will have a rental car.
again thanks all for the responses

tim