Reload this Page >

Best way to spend time in Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Luanne

My Husband and I are going to be meeting up in Jacksonville, Fl. in Jan. The first few days we will be in the Jax area. What are "must see" day activities in that area? After that we will have two or three days to spend before heading to Disney. Any suggestions as to what to do? We are considering Ameila Island (Ritz-Carlton) and St.Augustine (Casa Monica.) Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 09:49 AM
Kam

Visited St.Augustine in December. We loved it. The old town area, near the college was just so cute. And we loved their light festival during the holiday. If you love history, etc, you will love it!

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 10:05 AM
Celeste

St. Augustine is a lovely area and you can easily spend a day or two wandering the old town and the fort. Keep your eyes open for dolphins in the water.

I don't know of any "must see" activities in the Jax area, especially this time of year when the Jax Beach area will be dead. Amelia Island is beautiful and close.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 10:58 AM
Paul

You and your husband are going to Disney... and you didn't mention you had any kids?

...Sounds Goofy to me!

Leave me at the beach (but I'm in Michigan as I write).

Happy Trails,
Paul

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 05:56 PM
roadtripper

As far as Jacksonville goes, you might like the Jacksonville Landing if you've never been there before. Sip a Fat Tuesday's smoothie while watching the boats go by on the St. John's. If you head to the beach, definitely don't miss First Street Grille for dinner, and if you like live music, you could try the Free Bird Cafe. During the day you've got Fort Caroline to explore, you could go horseback riding at Diamond D Ranch, or walk the dunes at Hannah Park.

Have fun!