Best time to visit Breckenridge

Jan 4th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Best time to visit Breckenridge

We (family of 4, with 2 teenage boys)are planning on vacationing in Breckenridge.We had rather visit during snow season. What time of year would you say is the best to visit to avoid the jungle or crowds. Also from Denver airport, should I rent a car or take a shuttle. Will I need a car in Breckenridge? Thanks for you input, John in SC
Jan 5th, 2007, 05:19 AM

Hi John - I would suggest the week before Christmas, or late Jan - Feb, maybe early Mar. Avoid the week between Christmas and New Year and any holiday period such as President's Day, Spring Break etc. IMO, I'd rent a car. We've done both and found that with the cost of the shuttle, you're almost better off with the car and obviously it gives you some flexibility. Unless you're going to spend all the time on the slopes, there is a lot to see/do around Breck - you're near Vail, Dillon, Frisco, and Keystone - all of which have good/great shops, restaurants, entertainment, winter sports, etc. BTW, it's one of our favorite places in the summer.
Jan 5th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Hi, John

I would avoid the major holidays and spring break.

You won't need a car if you stay in Breckenridge town center. But the town is prtty small, only a few blocks. Depends on how long your vacaion is, it can be boring.

I would rent a car from Denver Airport. That way you can also visit Vail, Beaver Creek, and other ski resorts easily. The drive from DEN to Breck is pretty straight forward.
Jan 5th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information. Finding this site has been so helpful, even if I did accidentally run across it. Again thanks for your help.

Search this Thread