Reload this Page >

Best time of year to visit San Francisco

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Jennifer

Hello, my husband and I would like to visit SF for roughly 5-6 days with our 3 year old son. Our son's favorite everything right now is The Wild Things characters. I know there is a Wild Things store,restaurant and interactive area in the Sony Metreon Center at 4th and Mission. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to stay AND the best time to visit? Has anyone stayed in the Westin or Sheratons there? We would possible be interested in those two chains as they are linked to reward programs. Many thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions. Jenn

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 12:52 PM
kal

Jennifer,
We try to get down there as much as possible but we love it most in Oct or Nov. Usually great weather in SF then.

We also try to get the Westin St Francis, the old wing, as much as possible, although, we have stayed at the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf a few times, too. Very nice there.

Kal

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 11:17 PM
Melissa

I LOVE SAN FRANCISCO IN OCTOBER!! It's the most comfortable time of year.

Don't go in January. I remember doing so....was walking briskly down the street and still started to lose feeling in my legs, they were so numb!

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Sara

Your son (and you too!) might enjoy visiting the Exploratorium. It's a really cool hands-on Science Museum, really geared for kids. We took our twins there when they were about 2 and 3/4 years old, and they absoloutely loved it. Even though they may not have understood all of the scientific principles being demonstrated, they had a ball pushing buttons, pulling levers, looking at all of the neat exhibits, etc. Their 5 year old brother loved it so much that he cried inconsolably when they closed for the day and we had to leave. You can check them out at <www.exploratorium.edu>.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 02:51 PM
faina

Jennifer,
you son (and parents will enjoy the zoo, if you don't drive MUNI line L will take you there. Also he will enjoy Museum of Science( not sure if the name is correct, something with the word "science" in it) in Golden Gate park with aquarium, dioramas, etc.

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 03:47 PM
larry

Agree, Oct/Nov have very nice weather. Friends just stayed at Grand Hyatt Union Square and loved it. I did not like the "oldness" of the Westin St. Francis, myself.