best time in florida

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 01:01 AM
allan

best time in florida

hello, I am from Australia and am looking at travelling to orlando next year in either august,september or october. Is one of these months a better time to visit than the other two ie- waiting times at the likes of universal studio's etc, weather and cost.

Thanks

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 06:09 AM
Floridian

Allan: As for weather, any month is better than August to do the parks.
If these three months are your only choice, I would opt for October when it is not as hot.
I had to take a big group of Europeans to all the parks in August once, and everyone nearly croaked.
They couldn't believe how hot it was.
I swore off doing the parks again for the rest of my life after that trip.
Another good point is that school will be back in session in October and you won't find as many people, therefore, the lines will be shorter.
Your cost should be no big deal. No big changes.
If you have to do Septemer, it is still better than August.
Keep in mind that most of Europe goes on vacation in August and many go to Orlando.
Hope you trip is a good one.

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 09:44 AM
Patrick

Definitely go for October, the later in the month the better. The reasons above are valid. October usually has ended the rainy season (although we're still having almost daily rain this year, so who knows?). In addition, Universal does a fantastic special thing called Fright Nights in the last half of October. They close the park down in the afternoon and reopen early evening lasting well into the night. They have special "haunted houses", people in costume, reduced eerie lighting in the park and fog effects, as well as special entertainment. You will want to get your tickets for that in advance as it is a limited capacity and they usually sell out.

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 02:48 PM
Ida

Definitely October...the summers are very hot (I lived there for many years). Have you considered California instead...weather wise it is much nicer and milder than Florida (IMO).

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 03:32 PM
Lee A/T

No question about it, October!! Lee in Austin,Tejas

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 03:49 PM
Samantha

Allan,

Another vote for October. I'm breaking out in a sweat right now, thinking about how hot and humid it was in August when I lived there for a year! ;-)

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 05:08 PM
Sal

Just got home today from Orlando. The crowds at the parks were much thinner than other times of the year. The weather was beautiful. In addition to Fright Night, if you want to do Magic Kingdom with no lines, try Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween nights--tickets usually go on sale a few months in advance and tend to sell out. In addition, EPCOT has its annual food and wine fest. You can attend some great wine lectures and special dinners--by advance reservation only.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 01:07 AM
Allan

Thanks for the advice

Allan

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 01:09 AM
allan

one thing I forgot to mention is that I was in New York this August and the temp was around 100 F, so hopefully it will be a touch cooler when I travel to florida next year.

Thanks again

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 09:21 AM
STacie

I went the beginning of September. There weren't many American children there (school just started...). It was great - no long lines. Also, some of the parks offered a second day entrance for free. We did go back to Sea World a second day. Also went the beginning of October - not crowded either. I liked the warmer weather of September. I spent more time at the pool.