Search

Best Sunset View in Carmel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Sunset View in Carmel

Hi everyone,

I have a friend in from out of town and I want to take him the best place for a drink and sunset views. I am thinking about the Highlands Inn: Lobos Lodge or the California Market. Do you think this is the best place? Just for a drink and maybe an appetizer. Which one of those two would you suggest and why?

Thank you
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Or- Spanish Bay?
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 07:11 PM

There are several restaurants at Spanish Bay. I have always enjoyed most the sunset view from the restaurant that has an outdoor patio right on the golf course with an ocean view. I don't remember the name, but you can call Spanish Bay and ask.
Also, I have loved the sunset view from the patio at Clint Eastwood's Mission Ranch Inn Restaurant. It overlooks a beautiful meadow, the ocean and Point Lobos.
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

We went last night to the Sunset Lodge at the Highlands Inn. Can I just say "Wow!" Those were AMAZING views. It was very 'loungy'. Is that a word? Comfortable chairs and rustic little coffee tables up against floor to ceiling windows. Point Lobos, the ocean, the trees, the beauty all around you!! Is was awesome. You pay for it though. My glass of wine was $14.00. We had a prawn appetizer that was so delicious I could not even believe it.
We will definitely go back every time I have a guest in town. I think we will go back just for a romantic drink and munchie.