Reload this Page >

Best rooms at the Marquesa Hotel Key West

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 06:59 AM
katinka

Has anybody stayed at the Marquesa Hotel and can recommend a special room? Which are the nicest and why? We are planning a 10-day trip in april and it will be our only vacation next year. An answer is very much appreciated.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 07:34 AM
xxx

They are all beautiful! Wait till you see the size of the bathrooms. Just be happy you can afford it.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 07:52 AM
cat

we have stayed there 2 times, but stayed only in Room #2, which is not as expensive as the bungalow-type rooms/suites around the back (second) pool. However, it was desirable to us as it was the only room to have its own terrace, not shared, and open to the front (smaller and unheated) pool. I think it was called a Junior suite or a Deluxe Queen suite. The only rooms I wouldn't stay in are in the main building, as they are I believe, the smallest, and upstairs (and there is no elevator) and don't open right up onto the beautiful courtyard and pools. Some even only have a street view. Any others that are around the courtyard are great. Wonderful staff and service, great homemade pastries for breakfast served at your room (Breakfast is extra but it is so relaxing to sit on your terrace to drink in coffee and the morning sunshine.) Very quiet, also, after the night's craziness a few blocks away (we go during Fantasy Fest). The restaurant there is highly rated and both times we ate there is was excellent.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Jac

Other than the two pools and the beautiful grounds the above two posters have given you a nice description of the place. Just make sure you have some bucks.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Jeanluc

I forgot that you americans always travel on the budget. Thank God some of you can afford a good hotel, lol