Best Resort Pool...

Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Best Resort Pool...

So I'm taking suggestions.... We've stayed at the Moon Palace in Cancun, with that HUGE pool, swim up bars, small whirl pool coves. And just came back from the Hyatt Cypress Gardens in Orlando with the waterfalls and grottos, not mention beatifully landscaped grounds. Where have you been that has a pool worth travelling to??? [email protected]
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:11 PM

Do you mean the Hyatt Grand Cypress? (There is also a Cypress Gardens in FL, but probably not a Hyatt there). The Grand Cypress DOES have a wonderful pool!

I'm hoping that the Grand Wailea on Maui has the best pool--we're going next month and chose it for that reason. I just hope it's not over-run with children since we already have three to contribute!
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 05:10 PM

I don't have lots or resort experience, but was certainly impressed with the pool and grounds at the Hyatt on Kauai. Very nicely landscaped. Several hot tubs scattered around. Very nice place to spend an afternoon.

Jean
Old Jun 25th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Original Poster

We've haven't been to Hawaii yet... sounds like might be worth it for our next trip.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 08:27 AM

We were in Kauai in February and stayed at the Hyatt. To date, they had the best outdoor swimming pool, wonderfully placed whirlpools and waterslide of any place we have been to.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 08:44 AM

Another vote for the Hyatt in Kauai. The pools and grounds were the best! It never felt crowded while we were there. We want to go back to Kauai for our 25th anniversary (in 2 years), and the only place we want to stay is the Hyatt, because of the pool and grounds. The rooms are good, too, but not as extraordinary as the pools.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 11:22 AM

My vote is for the Grand Wailea in Maui. Jayne, you will have a wonderful time there! It was our honeymoon spot, & remains my gold standard for pools! The service was also top notch.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 11:36 AM

One pool comes immediately to mind. The one at the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley.

I've been to the big resorts in Cancun, Hawaii, and Cabo. I much prefer the simplicity and quiet that exists at Furnace Creek. And the water is unbelievable: natural hotspring mineral water at 80 degrees year round.
Leave the kids at home and try it out.
Old Jun 26th, 2004, 07:04 PM

For natural hot springs, you can't beat Tabacon Hot Springs outside of La Fortuna in Costa Rica.

Beautifully landscaped pools and hot tubs, all heated by the water flowing from Arenal Volcano.

The hotel itself doesn't compare with the Grand Wailea or the Hyatt on Kauai, but it's a decent place to stay.

Jean
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Original Poster

So, I am travelling with children, and I'm taking the advice for Hawaii, but anything on the continental US that would make for a good long weekend??
Old Jun 28th, 2004, 08:34 AM

The Hyatt Hill Country outside of San Antonio has its own "lazy river" which is so relaxing. It connects with a larger pool. There are two large hot tubs with waterfalls, along with an adult pool. The lazy river also has a beach. (There is a 3rd pool available only to spa guests.) The HHC is very much a "desitination" pool.