Best Pool Area on the Strip?

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 08:59 AM
Randy

Best Pool Area on the Strip?

Young couple on a budget is looking for strip hotel (in august) with the best pool area. Anything out of the ordinary. I heard some have lazy river rides or waterslides. which ones?
Thank you.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 10:01 AM
lauren

Try either the River pool at MGM or the "beach" at Mandalay Bay. Even the Paris has a nice roof top pool!!!

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:09 AM
marilyn

Mandalay Bay has a beach and a lazy river. Very nice pool area. You will love it!

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Karl

He said 'budget'....Mandalay is hardly a budget hotel. it does have the best pool in Vegas by a longshot.
For budget range, the Flamingo is a good choice.
Even Monte Carlo isn't bad, though rates may not be what some would consider especially low.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 11:19 AM
melinda

If you are on a budget, go to The Flamingo. It has waterslides and a wonderful pool area. The hotel has been remodeled and the location is wonderful across from Casaer's and Bellagio. Check out cheapovegas.com for his pool reviews. He also likes the Tropicana by MGM for budget priced hotels.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 12:32 PM
antmaril

I have stayed at Mandalay Bay for $99. Check the calendar on their website mandalaybay.com

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 12:46 PM
xxx

While not on the strip, fun pool areas for a young couple would definitely include the Rio and Hard Rock Hotel.
The Tropicana used to be known for having the best pool on the strip. While no longer the most popular hotel, you can't beat the room rates and the pool area is still a great hang out during the hot summer months.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 04:04 PM
Terry De

My husband and I stayed at both Flamingo ($60) and Mandelay Bay ($99) in Dec. Both pool areas are beautiful but Flamingo imo is best. Also, you can't beat the location. Our room was large and faced the Strip. There were 2 overstuffed chairs by window where we watched the beautiful fountains at Bellagio.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 08:29 PM
lauren

Stay away from the Flamingo. The place is falling apart. It is a total dive. If you hit it right Mandalay Bay shouldn't be that expensive if it is go to MGM. Take it from me I live here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 06:22 PM
Jon

Try the Hard Rock Hotel. Midweek rates usually run about $69-79. The Hard Rock Pool features underwater music, swim-under waterfall, great outdoor bar, beach sand, and lots of hot bods! If you want to get to the strip to sightsee, they have a free shuttle.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Topper

Topping for Dave

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:57 PM
thereuare

Here's a website with a Top 10 list of Vegas pools: http://www.vegas.com/resorts/pools/

As well, if you click on a hotel (to the left of the Top 10 list) it will give you a description/picture/review of that property's pool.

My personal recommendation for best combination of pool/value/room is The Flamingo. A notch up from there would be The Mirage.