My boyfriend and I are planning a skiing holiday in North Tahoe but I'm really confused about how to organise it. There seem to be "resorts", like Squaw Valley and Northstar, which refers to the actual area on which you ski; and some resorts run their own hotels and lessons (like Northstar) but you can also choose to stay in a smaller hotel (like the Mourelatos Lakeshore in Squaw Valley, for instance) - and sort out your own lessons from a different company - is that right?
What is the advantage of staying at a resort - is it the 'Village'? Is it closer to the slopes? Is it just easier because you can get everything you need at one place, like lift passes, renting equipment and booking lessons?
Basically I'm looking for a cheap-as-possible holiday where I can have some beginners' lessons and get some practise in - I'm not bothered about staying in a big hotel with lots of amenities (although perhaps I should be?) I've never skied; my boyfriend has done it twice.
All advice welcome! This is going to be a really expensive holiday so I'm trying to make sure I make the best choices, but it's proving really difficult when I have never been to a ski resort before…
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthytalkzone.com/krasa-cream/
- 2 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 3 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 NY theater district restaurant
- 6 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 7 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 8 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 9 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 10 girls trip / oregon
- 11 Vegas in February
- 12 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 13 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 14 Las Vegas TR
- 15 I need help
- 16 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 17 A Few days in Museums
- 18 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 19 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 20 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 21 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 22 Travel Shenanigans
- 23 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 24 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 25 Newport Beach restaurants