Search

Best of Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 11:08 AM
Geo

Best of Maui

What are the best places to eat and visit in Maui.

Old Jul 24th, 2001, 09:56 PM
Kristin

We just got back from our honeymoon in Maui and loved the island! Definitely check out Nick's Fishmarket in the Kea Lani hotel (in the Wailea area). It was one of the best meals we had--the food and service were outstanding. It's not cheap, but well worth it.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 06:19 AM
sktraveler

Here are my "Must Eat At" restaurants:
Mama's Fish House (Paia)
Nick's Fishmarket (Wailea)
David Paul's (Lahaina)--get the firecracker shrimp!
Pacific O (Lahaina)

None of these are too cheap, but the food and ambiance is worth it! One note...eat at Mama's for lunch. It will be less expensive and you will enjoy the ocean view much more.

Old Jul 25th, 2001, 01:28 PM
meeshel

I second the advice posted for Mama's Fish House. GREAT food, expensive, but worth it. And lunch would be the time you could really enjoy the view.

Also recommend Kapalua Bay Hotel for a sunset dinner or at least a drink. Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!! (and the food was good, too!)

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 08:14 AM
dave

The Maui Onion in Wailea at the Renaissance is the best place for lunch, bar none.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 04:25 PM
Linda

The Seawatch Restaurant on the Gold Golf Course at Wailea is a great spot for lunch or a special breakfast. The view is magnificent!
Linda

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 10:43 PM
Kim

Recommend Cheeseburger in Paradise and Bubba Gumps for lunch in Lahaina - wonderful garlic bread. Best Mai Tai I ever had was at the Five Palms on the beach in Kihei.

Kim.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 12:42 PM
Kim

The Maalea Waterfront Restaurant was excellent. You will need reservations for a nice table overlooking the water. They also advertise in the Maui News in Thursdays paper and they offer 2 for 1 on all dinner entres if you mention the ad.