Search

Best of Kauai?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 03:27 PM
Debra Morton

Best of Kauai?

My husband and I are going to be staying near Hanalei Bay in Kauai for a week in January. What are some things that we must do or see while we're there?

Old Dec 20th, 1999, 07:29 PM
Ruth

Debra,

Eat at Cafe Coco in Kapaa, a great outdoor restaurant (mostly) that is just great and different! Have a picnic on Lumahai Beach - Have a wonderful time!

Aloha, Ruth

Old Dec 21st, 1999, 05:21 AM
Jenna

You absolutely, positively must take a helicopter ride. It's expensive, but I guarantee you'll never forget it. Kauai is so beautiful, and not everyone gets to see it from above. You'll fly into lush green valleys, you'll see remote waterfalls.....do it!!

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 01:19 PM
Tina

My favorite activity in Kauai was hiking! Up in the North Shore, go for a hike on the Kalalau Trail to Hanakapi'ai Beach (4 mi. RT). Also don't miss Waimea Canyon- the views are spectacular! Kayaking on the Wailua River is also a popular option, as the river is very calm. Don't forget Wailua and Opaeka'a Waterfalls too!

Old Dec 30th, 1999, 07:27 PM
Rick

the heli tour already mentioned should be on the must do list..I'd recommend Jack harter..have gone on several tours on differant islands and IMO his is the best..not a "get you there,get you back" tour,,takes his time to show you the sights..
Another thing mentioned already was the trip up the wailua river,,if your not into kayaking, we rented a 12 foot aluminum boat and motor..if you time it right, you can get to the fern grotto between the tour boats..we did and were the ONLY ones there..very neat!!..farther up the river is a cliff for some cliff diving along with a rope swing (if its still there)...there's also a trail head to a very pretty waterfall.with a nice pool for swimming..easy hike maybe half mile back in the rain forest..
Aloha