Best hotel location in Moab

Old Sep 7th, 2020, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best hotel location in Moab

We will be in Moab for 3 nights mid June of 2021. Would it be better to get a hotel downtown or on the north side of town headed out of town? My concern is... Will traffic through town take extra time or cause any headaches when we try to get back to the hotel after hiking in Arches National Park?
Old Sep 7th, 2020, 10:49 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
We like the location of the Hyatt Place on the north side of town - easy access to Arches, which is hugely popular, so lines do form at the entrance. The main road through town is also a highway, so it does get rather busy.

The town isn't so big that getting from one end to another is a huge drama, but staying north is definitely more convenient to Arches.
Old Sep 7th, 2020, 11:50 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree w/ Melnq8 - for easy access to the park stay on the north side. But the town is small - IME the bigger traffic issues are inside the park itself.
Old Sep 7th, 2020, 02:07 PM

I've stayed in "downtown" Moab a couple of times and didn't have any traffic delays when driving through town. The biggest traffic delay I've experienced was the line entering the park to get to our camping spot.
Old Sep 9th, 2020, 01:15 PM

I wouldn't even worry about traffic in town. Even if it's busy, it's only a matter of about 5 minutes from one end to the other. Choose the hotel you like best - I wouldn't really consider the location as a major factor since the town is so small.