Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Location,location,location...have narrowed it down to via venento or spanish step area...now need advice for charming hotel up to $200.00 per night. Celebrating 25th!

Search

Location,location,location...have narrowed it down to via venento or spanish step area...now need advice for charming hotel up to $200.00 per night. Celebrating 25th!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 05:17 PM
margo

Anyone ever stay at Condotti29 Palo Bianco suite. Still am looking for hotel in Rome. Clean and charming with roof top garden. Nedd more suggestions. thanks

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 05:31 PM
sue

I have no personal experience, but there is a hotel called the Van Gogh that I <BR>saw on aweb site that looked lovely, was <BR>about 175 &rightnear spanish steps. <BR>I'd check timeouts recommendations or karen bronwns. Please issue a trip rept upn your return.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 08:45 PM
luigi

Hi Margo, <BR>We leave in two weeks for Rome and are staying at the Hotel Mozart on via dei Greci. It is between the Spanish Steps and Piazza del Popolo. It was highly recommended by the guy who wrote "As the Romans Do" who had his wife go check it out. The larger rooms have private balconies and there is a rooftop garden terrace, as well. You can have breakfast either in the breakfast room, your own balcony or the rooftop. It sounds great. Not sure when you are going but I will let you know when I get back how it was. As I recall, the price was around 380,000 per night. <BR>ciao, <BR>luigi

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 05:25 PM
Karen Morin

Wwe stayed at the Hotel Scalinata di Spagna at the top of the Spanish Steps and directly across from the Hassler, This was 3 yrs ago . The rate for a double with shower was 350,000. It had a lovely roof garden for breakfast. Walk acoss the street to the Hassler bar to celebrate. The Fax is/was 39 6 699 40 598 <BR> <BR>Karen

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 05:53 PM
Paulo

To me, Margo, location, location, location in Rome ... is Campo de' Fiori (and from there to Pantheon/Piazza Navona). My wife (who can't do without visiting many shops prefers Piazza di Spagna. In Campo de' Fiori I would recommend the very small and charming ***Teatro di Pompeo. In Piazza di Spagna we stayed at the ***Gregoriana ... No roof top garden but some rooms have balconies with a view. We liked the hotel but must admit it was kind of weird (one has to stay there to understand what I mean <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2000, 10:34 AM
Carol

Dear Margo, <BR> <BR>Try the Hotel Raphael. It has a beautiful roof garden and is on a lovely quiet piazza near the Piazza Navona. The Hotel D'Ingleterra is very charming and, I believe, also has a roof garden, in the Spanish steps area.