Search

Best Hilton Resort

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Julie

Best Hilton Resort

What do you think is the best Hilton resort? We have enough Hilton points for at least a week in a top-tier resort and want to use that for something really great. We also have lots of FF miles so don't hesitate to recommend anywhere!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 01:33 PM
lisa

Jalousie Hilton on the island of St. Lucia is in one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen. We did not see the rooms but enjoyed their beach and restaurant immensely. Absolutely gorgeous, picture-perfect and very relaxing. I think the website is www.jalousie-hilton.com -- more info on the Caribbean forum.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 12:38 AM
Dave

But Julie -- only go there if you like being surrounded by lots of poverty and crime!!

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 03:32 PM
Kelly

I'm in the same situation--does anyone know anything about the Hilton at Key West, the Hilton at Turtle Bay in HI or any other Hilton resorts anywhere? What is the best Hilton has to offer?

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:13 PM
sue

The Hilton Waikoloa in HI is great.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 02:56 PM
Nat

To Dave,
I do not think that St. Lucia is a very high crime area or as poverty stricken as you say--I don't know where you stayed. Perhaps you had a bad experience. I think that crime and poverty are more of an issue on other Caribbean islands.

Old Mar 22nd, 2001, 07:49 PM
Sam

Marco Island, Fla. Ask for Suite.
Fly into Ft. Myers. May & Oct are great times to be there!

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 06:12 AM
jeannine

The resorts may be nice, but TRY to get a free stay at one! Don't believe the blackout dates on the Hilton website--often they will just tell you 'there are no reward rooms available'

Old Mar 23rd, 2001, 07:26 AM
susan

The Hilton in Key West has gotten very mixed reviews. I'd eliminate it from your list of possibilities.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 11:59 AM
sjk

How about non-US Hilton hotels: asia, europe, south pacific, carribean, etc?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:58 AM
wowee

We loved the Hilton Waikoloa on the big island.

I have heard there is a fantastic resort in the Maldives, too.

Old May 7th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Mike

We are planning a trip to the Hilton in Hawaii to use our points but would love any other suggestions for great Hiltons, anywhere in the world.

Old May 9th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Ron

Julie,

I would highly recommend the Hilton in Key West! I also would recommend the Hilton on Marco Island as well as did Kelly! Both places are great. Here is the website if you want to do more websurfing for more information.

http://www.hilton.com/

http://www.sunsetkeycottages.hilton.com/

Old May 9th, 2001, 04:23 PM
waikoloa

We've used hilton points for a free week in walt disney world and hawaii. We have had no problems as mentioned using these points. we got both weeks we wanted. we stayed in hawaii for our honeymoon at the Hilton Waikoloa. Even though we used points they gave us a nice room. My vote would be for the Hilton Waikoloa. Hawaii is just beautiful.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 06:21 AM
gretchen

We used our points at the jalousie hilton. Had no problem getting a room. It was absolutely beautiful. Would highly recommend it.

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:09 PM
xx

tttt

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:53 PM
traveler

Julie-
One of the things I HATE about HH points is that they only go towards a "standard room". I think we should be able to use extra points to upgrade to a better room. Depending where you are from and what type of places you like to visit--The Hilton Key West is a very nice hotel. I've stayed there and enjoyed it. I live in South Florida and my personal preference for a quick getaway is to go to New York City! You can get a room at the Waldorf Astoria, which is beautiful. We enjoyed it more so than The Plaza. The only problem is you only get a "STANDARD ROOM" with HH points. I prefer staying in an executive level room which gives you great ammenities such as breakfast items, snacks and evening snacks, all complimentary. I think we should all write to Hilton and ask why we can't get more than a "standard' room with our HH points. Any one in agreeance?

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 05:44 AM
ttt

TTT..........