Reload this Page >

Best Florida Beaches

Search

Best Florida Beaches

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:11 AM
cj

Best Florida Beaches

I am looking for the ultimate paradise beach in Florida. I want complete Relaxation, a posh luxurious resort with the most beautiful beach. Where in Florida describes such a place? What's the closest in Florida can I get?

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Diane

A few that come to mind are The Don Czar, The Boca Raton Resort, The Delano, and Seaside. I know I am missing a few but those are the first I think of.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:30 AM
cj

Are they really quiet?

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:33 AM
DeeDee

Depends on the time of year. Christmas through April is peak season for Palm Beach, Boca, Miami, etc while the panhandle and West Coast are busier in summer. Just don't go when kids are out of school (June - August, Presidents Week, Easter Week, Thanksgiving, Christmas Break).

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Jim

I'd categorize the Delano as trendy/posh/luxurious but certainly not quiet. The lobby becomes a nightclub after dark and stays that way till the next morning. The pool is a complete scene with strippers, machismos, and millionaires vying for attention.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:17 AM
scott

If you are look for posh/beach/florida.Then you have to consider The Boca Raton Resort & Club. It is one of the finest resorts in the world. The beach is beautiful. There are great places to eat and lots to do or nothing at all. You might want to consider the West Coast of Florida. I recently stayed at the Edgewater Beach Hotel. It is not posh but a great value. Rooms are right on the beach facing the Gulf of Mexico. Also most of the rooms have recently been renovated. More, it is all suites which include a nice little kitchen, It is not far from downtown Naples which is very charming with good restaurants. If you are just looking for a low key vacation this is a real great place. Staff is nice. The Ritz - Carlton is of course very nice, but it is big and impersonal.

Hope this helps

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 08:39 AM
DeeDee

Forgot about the Ritz in Naples.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Paige

I've always heard and thought that the best beaches were in the Florida panhandle, but there are no nice resorts there. Seaside is nice, but you have to stay in a house, condo, or B&B. Why aren't there any really good full service resorts or hotels in this area? Is it because of distance to major airports? I usually drive so that's not an issue for me.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:12 AM
xxx

Some of the best beaches are Longport key and Siesta Key.

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Ann

It's Longboat Key, Not Longport. It's the very best beach in Florida- even better than the panhandle. The resorts are the best too. Try the Colony Club or anywhere along Longboat Key. QUIET, no teenagers, just beauty!! I promise you won't be disappointed!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Kay

I would go to Sanibel personally. The beaches though in the panhandle have prettier sand but I think Sanibel might just fit the bill. good luck

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 09:59 AM
ramjet

Nobody has mentioned Breakers in Palm Beach one of finest resorts in the world.