Best disney hotel for a napper

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We wanted to take our 2 1/2 year old to Disney in March. HOwever, she is a big napper and needs a nap every afternoon. Can anyone recommend the best hotels for us? We would like something close to the parks (mostly the Magic Kingdom since I am guessing she will like that the best) so it is easy to go back and forth? Thanks.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 05:53 AM
J62

Any of the hotels on the monorail will be easiest from MC. Contemporary, Grand Floridian, or Polynesian.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 06:05 AM

I agree - absolutely pick something on the Monorail. The monorail loop goes (starting from Magic Kingdom) 1st stop: Contemporary, 2nd stop: Polynesian, 3rd stop: Grand Floridian then back to the Magic Kingdom. So, if you want Magic Kingdom to be the first stop when leaving your hotel, stay at the Grand Floridian. If you prefer to have your hotel the first stop when leaving the Magic Kingdom, stay at the Contemporary.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 07:22 AM

With a napper, you do want Monorail. Last time we were there we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (one of my boys is an animal guy). We went back every afternoon for a short rest and pool time. We had to take the bus. It worked as my guys were 4 and 5. However, with someone who MUST have a nap, we would have stayed on the monorail.

Have a fun trip.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 09:58 AM

Another vote for a monorail hotel. You can't beat the convenience and with a toddler, you will probably spend most of your time at the Magic Kingdom.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 12:18 PM

The monorail resorts are definately the most convenient. If you decide to go to a park that is not on the monorail, consider having your daughter nap in the stroller. Find a quiet corner. Throw a blanket over the stroller. Read or people watch for a while.
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Definitely a monorail hotel. That being said, here is the vibe at each hotel:

1) Grand Floridian - most luxurious and such a beautiful hotel. It is Victorian and your child will feel like she is in a big doll house. This is my favorite monorail hotel. It is absolutely gorgeous. Piano players in the lobby and the tea room at the back of the lobby is so unique. You can also see Spectro Magic parade actually on water!! (behind the hotel which is a little known secret)

2) Contemporary Hotel - this hotel has more of a business vibe. Many business travelers do stay at this hotel and it is a modern hotel. It needs a renovation if you ask me. However, one of my all time favorite restaurants is at this hotel. The California Grill which is on the top floor of the hotel and overlooks all of Disney and you can get an aerial view of Cinderella's castle. Book now for sunset and stay through the fireworks. Those time slot reservations are booked months in advance. You still have time though.

3) Polynesian Hotel - this is definitely a themed hotel and would be cute with a child. The pool has a slide and a beach. There is also a luau at this hotel that you can book at this resort since it is Hawaiian themed.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions! I haven't been to disney for so long, last time when I was in high school so going with my child will be such a different experience.