best birds eye view in Kauai???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tips for best mode of air sight seeing tour are greatly appreciated. I find convincing ads for helicopter, small plane, ultra light aircraft, and powered hang glider. We're a mid 50's early 60's couple and adventurous yes but safe always, and although we like excitement we like to not be lighter weight when we land than when we took off!! Thanks for any suggestions or testimonials!
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 07:09 PM

In ultra light and hang glider, you will only see an extremely limited slice of the beauty of the island. By helicopter, you will see all of the beautiful island. I used Blue Hawaiian Helicopter Tours and they were great. You cannot put into words how awe inspiring this ride is.
Old Sep 1st, 2010, 08:46 PM

Maybe you'd enjoy the doors-off helicopter tour? I've done one with Jack Harter, and I've also done a normal (with doors) tour with them, and I highly recommend them. A doors-off helicopter tour might give you the best tour of the island while allowing you to enjoy the scenery without door or window obstruction. It's an incredible island to view from the air!
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 12:54 AM
Original Poster

So far sounds like it's a helicopter ride for us, thanks montereybob and nobigdeal! I'll check out both Blue HI and Jack Harter.
Old Sep 2nd, 2010, 02:39 PM

I've flown with Birds of Paradise a few times when it was just Gerry. Looks like he has gotten some talented people. It may be pricey, but my first flight I opted for the full 90minutes and Gerry took me around the whole island. We even made a pitstop on a ranch road. So yes, weather permitting, I am pretty sure if you are willing to pay the price, you can see most of the island and it is a really great experience.

My only caution with flying is, it never occured to me that some people get airsick. One of my great life memories!