Berkshires- Lenox

Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Berkshires- Lenox

We will be in Lenox in August and would like some recommendations for restaurants in Lenox. For dinner and for take out to the lawn in Tanglewood. Thanks
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 04:18 AM
OliveOyl

For take out to Tanglewood, go to Guido's, a market/deli supreme, located in Lenox on the north side of the Pittsfield-Lenox Rd (Rt 7), just before the Pittsfield line. It is a terrific market, with a wide variety of delicious and unusual items to pick and choose from for your picnic. I detest grocery shopping, but I can browse in Guido's as enjoyably as I can browse in Neimans!!

Old Jun 4th, 2004, 05:43 AM

Aahhh Guidos Market!!
We could be found in Guidos every afternoon last summer! The cheese department alone is wonderful and the breads! Olives of every kind and all that good farm produce!
There is a restaurant in Lenox called the Bistro something. A bit on the expensive side but very good.
We sat under the top at Tanglewood on a 90+ day and I wished we were sitting in the grass outside, some slight breeze might have helped..you will no doubt have a wonderful time!!
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 07:27 AM
OliveOyl

Scarlett...Guido's is where my Mom did her humdrum grocery shopping--imagine how nice that would be!! Our house was only a few miles from there. She used to rave about the market and I used to think "how good can a grocery store be, geez, it's just a grocery store"...until I went for the first time. Now we even have a Guido's mug and any time we are up there it's a must do just to see what all they have.

Old Jun 4th, 2004, 08:51 AM

We too shopped at Guido's for a picnic to eat on the lawn at Tanglewood one Labor Day weekend. It is great. We had dinner one night at a restaurant in Williamstown, if you feel like driving, called, I think, Mezza. It was excellent.