Bell Rock Inn Sedona

Sep 23rd, 1999, 09:54 AM
Daryl

Bell Rock Inn Sedona

Is anyone familiar with this hotel? I have made reservations for mid October. But don't
really know anything about this hotel. I found it on the internet and took a chance. I
have never been to Sedona and am interested in places to stay and things to do. I will have my wife and three kids with me, ages 6,4, and 8 months.

Sep 23rd, 1999, 12:29 PM
travelqueen

Don't know about Bell Rock Inn, but have stayed at the Enchantment Lodge in Sedona and it is wonderful - small casitas right in the canyon. They have a fabulous tennis program, and also croquet. All of Sedona is beautiful! You will enjoy it!

Sep 23rd, 1999, 02:58 PM
Julie

Concerning the Enchantment Resort - my inlaws and my husband and I went there one evening for a drink last week. The treatment we received from whomever was staffing their new gatehouse was one of the most embarrassing and demeaning experiences I've had in a long time and I have written a letter to their general manager, Mark Grenoble, about this.

They have a new policy now that you cannot visit their restaurants or bar without a reservation - that's understandable but I do wish they would say something about it in their advertising as it's a new policy and we were not aware of it. My inlaws have visited Enchantment *many* times in the past and had no idea. The guard was extremely rude and discourteous to us and treated us in a very insulting manner. It *is* possible to inform visitors about policies without being demeaning. The guard reluctantly made a reservation for us (only after we asked if it would be possible - he did not volunteer to do so) and in menacing tones told us to be certain to return the parking permit or else!

If the water is warm enough (probably not) and the e coli levels are low, you may want to take the kids to Slide Rock State Park to enjoy the natural water slides there. Sedona is very beautiful and I hope you will enjoy it.

Sep 23rd, 1999, 03:02 PM
noname

The Bell Rock Inn is in the Village of Oak Creek, about 7 miles south of Sedona, on Hwy. 179. It offers good value for money compared with the ultra-expensive Enchantment Resort. Numerous good restaurants are nearby and in Sedona itself. Hiking abounds. October is an ideal time to come to Sedona. Be sure to check the Sedona Chamber of Commerce visitors' center in Sedona when you arrive. It is on Hwy. 89A in uptown Sedona. Turn right at the intersection of 179 and 89A and watch for it in one block at the first stoplight on 89A, on Forest Rd. At Bell Rock Inn you will be near several excellent golf courses including Sedona Golf Resort and the Village of Oak Creek Assn. Golf Course.

Sep 23rd, 1999, 03:03 PM
noname

By the way, have you checked the web site: sedonachamber.com? Lots of good info there.

Sep 24th, 1999, 02:59 AM
rebecca

Check Quail Ridge Resort on the internet, it is also in the village of Oak Creek. Stayed this summer and loved it. Enchantment Resort is pretty expensive. Quail Ridge has pool, tennis courts, and hiking and is small and family oriented. Don't miss artisan's gallery in Oak Creek village--great prices on crafts--or the pizza at Addy's (think that's the name) also in Oak Creek. Happy trails!

Jan 1st, 2000, 04:27 PM
Lynne

Help! I am not a world traveler. Am from the Penna Dutch Country, Lancaster County. Someone recommended Sedona, Ar to me. I would fly the rent a car. Where are some inexpensive places to stay that are relatively close to Sedona and the Canyon?