Reload this Page >

Beanie Babies in Chicago

Search

Beanie Babies in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25th, 1999, 06:15 PM
Tom

Beanie Babies in Chicago

What store in Chicago stocks the most variety of Beanie Babies at affordable prices? Is there a licenced retailer somewhere in the city?

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 07:30 PM
anna

Try the Ty store in terminal 3 at O'Hare.

Old Apr 28th, 1999, 07:31 PM
anna

Try the Ty store in terminal 3 at O'Hare.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 06:10 PM
Tom

Any Beanie stores in the downtown/Mag.Mile area? Thanks

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 09:08 PM
Anna

I know we pride ourselves, at Fodors, at being really friendly and really helpful....but c'mon!!!!! There are -- what -- 63 gazillion???? BB collectors in the universe????....ALLLL of whom are going to wake up one day -- in about 3 years -- smite their foreheads and say...DA=UHHHHH!!!!

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 09:08 PM
Anna

I know we pride ourselves, at Fodors, at being really friendly and really helpful....but c'mon!!!!! There are -- what -- 63 gazillion???? BB collectors in the universe????....ALLLL of whom are going to wake up one day -- in about 3 years -- smite their foreheads and say...DA=UHHHHH!!!!

Old Jun 25th, 1999, 07:48 PM
Ann

This morning I saw Beanie Babies for sale at my local Wallgreen's. Doesn't this mean that the craze is about over??? What's the challenge or allure of buying them if they're right there by the cash register at Wallgreen's??? Even my daughter has given them up (after the first 50 or so...;-)

Old Jun 26th, 1999, 01:20 PM
s.fowler

I'm a resident of a western suburb of Chicago. What I have found is that you can buy them any number of places, but not all the time. I've seen them in the super market and all sorts of stores. In some cases they sell out immediately. In others they can linger for a while. It's "catch-as-catch-can." At our local mall there is a kiosk [cart?] with a decent selection of collectible ones as well as some of the more mundane. I only have 4 myself, but I often buy one or two when I see them as presents. [I gave "stretch" the ostrich to a friend of mine and she's been in heaven ever since ]

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 03:32 PM
julie

There is a little inside strip of stores connected to the Palmer House Hotel. The last time we were there the Hallmark-like shop (can't remember the name )was well stocked with Beanies.