Notices

Beach Blanket Babylon

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Isabella

Beach Blanket Babylon

I'm going to San Francisco with two other people and I would like to see Beach Blanket Babylon at Club Fugazi, Any recommendations on how far in advance we should purchase tickets? Anyone seen the show?

Any comments on San Fran in general would be helpful as well.

Thank you

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:22 PM
fred

Yes, great show, just great. Get tickets now. If you charge and get them in advance, you don't have to stand in line. Ask them how that works. You will find it to be great fun, and I am surprised more on this site don't comment about it. Located in North Beach, and there are many great restaurants there for a meal beforehand or after. Have fun.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Rebecca

Hi Isabella, I'm also interested in seeing this show when I go to SF in June!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a great restaurant in that area (to go to before or after the show - as Fred said!)

Thank you!
Rebecca

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 02:17 PM
ttt

San Francisco is the epitomy of urban decay. Based on my last trip there, i would compare it to West Philadelphia or Baltimore. All I can say is if you go out, especially after dark, be on guard. I feel much safer in New York City, which has over 10 times the population of San Francisco.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Mark

The above "poster" is bashing San Francisco on every SF question. Ignore him and make your own judgments. Use common sense as you would in ANY large city.

Isabella & Rebecca, if you are interested in theater in SF remember that TIX Bay Area is in the heart of downtown San Francisco at Union Square, 251 Stockton Street, between Post and Geary Streets, directly across from Maiden Lane. Here you can buy day-of-performance tickets for theatre, dance, and music (depending on availability). Half-price tickets are sold on a cash basis only. TIX is a walk-up box office only, you can't order on-line. For shows that you have your heart on seeing, by all means buy your tickets as Fred suggested in advance so you don't miss out.

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 08:13 PM
dana

Hi.
We've seen the show 3 times, and it's excellent everytime. The last time we saw it was 2 months ago! There is caberet seating. You can sit on the main floor front, or back, loge or side balcony. I'd recommend the side balconies, as you have a terrific view of the stage, and no one sits behind you or in front of you. It's just one row of seats all the way around the perimiter. I think the tickes were $57 p.p. or something. There is a web site for Beach Blanket. Type the whole title then .com. There are a lot of restaurants within walking distance.
There is Moose's which is pretty good, then Fiore d'Italia, and Rose Pistola seems pretty popular and they're all very, very close! Tickets for Beach Blanket usually sell pretty quickly, so the sooner the better

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:20 AM
Isabella

Thanks for all of your quick responses... Hey Rebecca, looks like we'll be in San Fran at the same time...It's a small world ...

Isabella

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Sheila

I saw Beach Blanket Babylon in Oct. of 2000 and loved it. It was alot of fun. Afterwards, we walked over to Fiore d'Italia. The food was good but it was very expensive and the service was not that great, however, they were very busy. Have a great time.

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 09:37 AM
garyt

Just one word of warning... Under age 21 kids can only attend the Sunday afternoon performance... It has nothing to do with the show content...only the alcohol serving laws in SF.

My kids loved the show...

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 09:57 AM
kam

Some favorite restaurants in the area: Moose's, Rose Pistola--Beach Blanket Babylon is in North Beach, the old Italian area of the city and has lots of small, good inexpensive restaurants. As for ttt---those of us who live in or still love SF are getting rather bored with his rantings. We're happy to know he won't be coming back.