Reload this Page >

Baseball Spring Training Camp-AZ

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 07:08 AM
Bly

I am looking to plan a week trip to Arizona for spring training as a birthday present for my boyfriend - a baseball fanatic. As we're coming from Colorado, we'd like to see a couple Rockies games, but would like to mix in some other teams. I've checked the MLB and Rockies web sites but it has the past spring's info. Does anyone know of the best way to get schedules and tickets for spring training? How about lodging central to the fields? Restaurant recommendations? Any help would be appreciated. b

Old Jun 29th, 1999, 10:01 PM
Cal

The spring training info will not be updated until this winter. You should contact the Rockies via phone or e-mail. Remember that March is peak season in Phoenix and many folks go there for spring training. Acommodations will be very hard to get and quite expensive. You should start making your plans now. The schedule doesn't really matter as far as getting accomodations as they will be playing somewhere in the Phoenix area. Good luck and enjoy. I am also a baseball fanatic.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 01:57 PM
Cheryl Z.

Bly - we too have wanted to visit during spring training in AZ (to see Mariners). We have lots of friends that go down there regularly in March, and it is ALWAYS packed. As Cal said, start making plans now. Here in Seattle after the schedule is out, there are always package deals to go down there specifically for spring training so there must be some in your area too. Check with your local travel agents, call the Rockies office to see if they work with a specific travel agency for these package deals, and start calling hotels in the area yourself. We haven't been yet, but maybe we'll see you there next year.

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 02:54 PM
Bly

Thanks for your help! I've checked out a couple hotels and there's still availability in March. Cheryl - the Rockies do have pkgs w/ tkts, lodging, etc, but in speaking to some that have done the spring training gig its much cheaper to go direct. Hopefully, there will be a couple inter -league games and we'll get to see the Mariners (we love Griffey too)

Old Jun 30th, 1999, 03:13 PM
Al

We get all sorts of information about our Diamondbacks by being on their e-mail mailing list. We get it year round. Check with the Rockies, and see if they have such a service. Get on their electronic list and you will get the inside information on spring training as quickly as it is made available. Come on down!

Old Jul 2nd, 1999, 09:03 PM
David

The Rockies train in Tucson, along with the White Sox and the Diamondbacks. There is always a game going on in Tuson; though the rest of the teams are in the Phx area and there are more games to choose from. The Rockies play plenty of games in Phoenix; but the week you choose may find most of their games in Tucson (but with A and B squads these days, they propably have two teams playing most days). There are many chain motel/hotels to choose from and with this much time you should have no problem.
As far as Restaurants; near Scottsdale Stadium, where the Giants play is Don and Charlies, a very popular steak chop house with baseball and other sports memorabelia galore.