Reload this Page >

Bar Scene/Los Angeles

Search

Bar Scene/Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Kristy

Bar Scene/Los Angeles

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but can non-famous people get into bars like the Viper Room, etc? What clubs do the celebrities frequent? Thanks.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 10:14 AM
cali

Noncelebs can get into the Viper Room no problem.If someone really popular is playing you might have a hard time.Alot f celebs go to Skybar at the Mondrian hotel,THe Sunset Room,my favorite bar is the Bar Marmont celebs or not.It has a great atmospher.You never really know when you'll run into someone in LA.It's always kinda fun,but don't ever ever ask for autographs.Very tacky.It's fun to just walk down Sunset Blvd. and check out the sights.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Kristy

Thanks for the reply. I would never approach anyone, but I think it would be neat to see someone famous and go to clubs I've seen on tv or heard about in the entertainment news.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Kristy

I forgot to ask--do you know of any tour companies that take guests bar hopping in the area? That may seem a little lame, but we might feel awkward just showing up somewhere like that, not being familiar with the area. Thanks.

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 06:04 PM
x

I can't imagine that you're going to find celebs at any place that would be a site on a tour bus excursion. You'll probably have a little easier time getting into some of the hipper clubs on the weeknights, when they're not as busy.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:09 PM
rlw

What is the dress code for the bar scene on Sunset or at places like the Skybar? We are from Seattle - is the bar scene much more showy and dressy in LA? I imagine that it would be. My hubby especially loves to be casual - any advice for what guys would wear out to feel comfortable? Thanks !

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:10 PM
xxx

The bar scene in LA is more 'hoochie mama fabulous' than casual.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:26 PM
Thyra

In terms of Sunset Blvd. It is possible to "bar hop" down the blvd., by walking, there are quite a few bars in the vicninty of the Sky Bar, you don't really need a tour company unless you plan to visit clubs off the strip. But you should be able to spend a whole evening clubbing on Sunset and be fine especially on Friday or Saturday nights, the area is crowded with bar hoppers. Now you do see pretty much everything in terms of dress.. from shorts and casual to "done to the nines" for some clubs they let you in regardless, but if you are planning on going to say, the Sky Bar, they DO discrimiate.. usually preferrring hotties in the latest styles.. (for both sexes). The Viper Room is very casual, but as above, if there is a hot band playing you may have trouble getting in. Welcome to LA. For more info you can go to www.laweekly.com, they have some good general info on clubs and bars.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Starlet

If you want to get past the burly bouncers with "the list" you have to wear (women) the standard size 2 black spandex mini dress with a pair of trendy high heels and carry a small matching bag. Don't forget the right haircolor and style, and a perfectly made up face. It is quite a sight to see these stunning young women from Thursday through Saturday nights parade up and down Sunset Blvd. You can also dine at one the many cafes along Sunset Blvd. to watch this spectacle.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:43 PM
LAgirl

Yes, they tend to dress up much more at the LA bars and they tend to show a lot more skin than in Seattle.

It seems that the standard uniform for women is: Very very tight low waisted bootleg jeans, leather pants, or other tight pants. Open toed strappy sandals. Skimpy halter top, not skimpy, but showing enough. Straight highlighted hair and perfectly made up face.

For men wear hipster looking pants (don't wear jeans, sometimes they discriminate against men wearing jeans) and a short sleeve button down fitted shirt.

The outfit I described is of course just an example, but whatever you do, do not wear khakis and a white shirt!

Also, note that it is very difficult to get into Skybar unless you are a woman with three hot friends (without being on the guest list), but it has been done before, so try it, you could get lucky!

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 12:50 PM
JVS

Caveat: If you get to the skybar by 5pm- you can hang out as long as you want and, eventually, the "Hootchi Mama Fabulous" <---love that brigade(complete with celebs)will eventually show up. (at least thats how us poor folk used to do it).