Banana Mac Pancakes on Oahu??

Jan 10th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Tnewman2119

Banana Mac Pancakes on Oahu??

My best friend and I are going to Marriott's Ko'Olina resort in February and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where we can hopefully find great banana-macadamia pancakes on Oahu? I had some last September at the Gazebo restaurant on Maui and thought I'd died and gone to heaven! I'd love my friend to try them. I'm treating her to the trip as she's never even left CA (single mom, can't afford vacations) her whole life. She loves macadamia nuts, and I know she'd love these. Thanks for your help!!

Jan 11th, 2004, 05:51 AM

I can't help with that. However it brings to mind something a waitress in Kauai told me. Try a combo of coconut and passion fruit syrups on your pancakes. It works! Hope you get a good reccomendation. Aloha, Larry
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:09 AM
jor

Don't forget the Pecan Log Roll at the Pearl Harbor Stuckeys!
Jan 11th, 2004, 10:12 AM

I lived in Hawaii for three years and as a result always sprinkle macadamia nuts and coconut syrup on my pancakes and waffles. Tastes just as good!
Jan 11th, 2004, 11:21 AM

All this talk of tropical food makes me want to book a flight to Maui right now!! Our hometown is putting on a luau at the end of the month, complete with Polynesian dancers, maybe this will tide me over!! These pancakes sounds delicious!! I may try to get the recipe and make them at home next week!! ***kim***
Jan 11th, 2004, 12:13 PM

I could swear they had them on the menu in the restaurant/coffee shop at the Ihilani. They also have a $20 breakfast buffet that was pretty good.
Jan 12th, 2004, 06:19 PM

Sorry...can't help with Oahu...but interested in good banana pancakes there

For us Kauai travelers...
Kountry Kitchen in Kapaa have GREAT pancakes....real banana pancakes, with coconut syrup!
Jan 13th, 2004, 05:17 AM

For the BEST pancakes in Oahu go to "Eggs 'n Things" in Waikiki area. I consider them the best pancakes I ever had. They even sell the mix and I bring some home each time I'm there. Their omelets are great, too. It's a match for the Gazebo which we also enjoy. Can be crowded -- go early.
Feb 1st, 2004, 12:10 AM

Käne?ohe?s Koa Pancake House (46-126 Kahuhipa St.; 235-5772)
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:23 AM

Where is Eggs and Things? Is it behind Discovery Bay Towers? Are they known for their orange pancakes? Just wondering if I am thinking of the same place. Every morning there is a line waiting, but once you get inside it is breakfast heaven?
Feb 1st, 2004, 12:56 PM

Eggs'n Things is on Kalakaua across from the Hawaiian Monarch. It's not exactly behind Discovery Bay but it's not too far. From Discovery Bay, go left on Ala Moana and then left on Kalakaua. There's usually a line after 8:00am. I've heard mixed reviews although I personally love their mac nut pancakes and fresh juices. I sent some friends there who hated it. They ordered omelettes and not pancakes though.

Search this Thread