Reload this Page >

Banana Bay at Fl Keys

Search

Banana Bay at Fl Keys

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 1998, 10:59 AM
Pat

Banana Bay at Fl Keys

Hi, Has anyone stayed at the Banana Bay Resort on Marathon in Florida Keys? My husband and I are planning a 4-day Romantic Getaway there next month and would like to be forewarned about any negatives. Also staying one night at Castillo de Mar in Miami. Would appreciate any info, suggestions, tips, etc. Thank you.

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 09:32 AM
elizabeth

Pat:

Would like to hear information because my husband and I will be staying at both the Banana Bay Resort and Castillo del Mar in Miami Beach in a few weeks. Thanks.

Elizabeth

Old Aug 9th, 1999, 07:06 AM
Joan

I read your old posting about B anana Bay. My husband and I are considering a few days there in early December. Did you stay and what did you think?

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 10:27 PM
rob

stayed there many times.....no complaints. get a room facing the marina. i think they're the only ones with balconys.

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 05:07 PM
Lori

My husband and I stayed at the Banana Bay Resort last March and loved it! It is an "Adult Exclusive" resort which basically means that kids aren't allowed therefore creating an atmosphere where you can sincerely relax by the pool without screaming kids splashing all over-don't get me wrong, I love children just not on my vacation. There is a cute poolside hut bar and a small private beach available. The staff are most friendly and accomodating. They even mailed my eyeglasses to me in Pennsylvania after I had forgotten them in a drawer. It is a little bit of a walk to downtown Key West so if you are drained from the sun and sipping margaritas all afternoon, do yourself a favor and get a cab for a few bucks!

Old Nov 4th, 1999, 07:05 AM
Sharon

Marathon is quite a drive from Key West. The person who mentioned walking to downtown Key West must have had too good a time in Margaritaville.

Old Dec 17th, 1999, 12:15 PM
Rebecca

To Sharon:
Banana Bay has 2 resorts. one in Marathon and one in Key West.