Baltimore Restaurant b4 Orioles Game

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings everyone. We'll be in MD for a wedding later this month, and are squeezing in a baseball game. I'm looking for suggestions for a restaurant for an early dinner for 8 people before going to a 7 pm Orioles game. One of the group is a vegetarian. The rest will eat anything. We would want to go somewhere that is casual enough for ballgame attire. We will have cars so we can drive to a restaurant, then drive to the stadium, or if there's someplace we could just drive to and then walk to the restaurant and staduim, that would be great. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 10:36 AM

How about the food court building at the Inner Harbor - an easy walk to Camden Yards. It is not your usual food court and a number of its two floors of eateries are pretty darn good. There will be something for everyone -lots of variety.

Also consider eating at the game. Camden Yards has some variety. For example, the Pastimes Cafe has salads and such for your vegetarian, who can also find veggieburgers and veggiedogs in the Yard as well as chomping on a potato knish from the Kosher stand. The meateaters might enjoy Boog's BBG at the yard. FYI you can also bring in food and drink from the outside and there are many vendors just outside the gate - no alcohol - no glass - no hard coolers permitted.
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 05:32 PM

go to Little Havana fun atmosphere, good food, good mojitos ; ) Can sit outside and look at the harbor
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Original Poster

Is Is little Havana a section of town or the name of a restaurant? In either event, where is it located (street address maybe). Thanks.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 07:27 AM

I would suggest you try some of the restaurants in Little Italy. There is a great place call Sabatinos that has good food and there are things on the menu the for the vegetarian in the group. It is a very short drive -maybe 15 minutes- from Camden Yards. It is located on the corner of Fawn St. and High St.

http://www.sabatinos.com/
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 07:49 AM

Little Havana is the name of the restuarant. They tend to have slow service so give it time if you decide to go.

As jiffer mentions, Little Italy is also a good choice. Lots of restaurants to choose from. In Little Italy, we especially enjoy Vacarros - an all desert restaurant. Did you ever make a meal of only a variety of deserts? Try it. You can walk from Little Italy to Camden Yards although it is a longish walk - maybe a mile or so. That might be easier than driving and parking.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM

Vacarros is a great place. theyhae branched out and have a few locations around the Baltimore area and in Annapolis.
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Bertha's in Fell's Point is really good, although I'm not sure whether they have any vegetarian offerings. Very cool dive bar with good food.

There's a local brewery that I think is based in the Wharf Rat (could be wrong about the name), but the beer is Oliver's. We were impressed by both of their beers that we tried. I do remember that it's supposed to be across the street from the ballpark (we were trying to get it locally). I have no idea about food though.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 04:24 AM

The Helmand on Charles....parking lot right next door. Food from Afghanistan. It has long been one of Baltimore's favourite restaurants and vegetarian choices...I'm sure they have a website to check their menu. Just a few minutes from Camden Yards.
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 06:08 AM

I would also recommend something in Little Italy, specifically, Amiccis. It's a great place to go, fun for all, great food too!
http://amiccis.com/

The ballpark is great as well, many different choices.

Have fun, Camden Yards is wonderful!