Baltimore -- Inn at Henderson's Wharf

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just searched this forum but found nothing very recent -- any opinions on this inn? My husband and I are thinking of spending Labor Day Weekend in Baltimore, and considering staying here.

Also, any restaurant recommendations, things we shouldn't miss, etc.? Thanks!
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 04:17 AM
katybird

Tripadvisor.com offers several reviews.

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 04:19 AM

Two restaurants that are NOT in the Inner Harbor that I'd recommend are Petit Louis on Roland Avenue and Sotto Sopra on Charles Street. The Inner Harbor is sure to be a zoo on Labor Day, but it's always fun to walk around there in the early evening. If you don't mind the crowds and kids, the Aquarium is a safe bet, but if it was just me and my husband, I'd go to the Baltimore Museum of Art and/or the Walters Art Gallery. The BMA has a great collection of post-impressionism and a nice sculpture garden; the Walters has some wonderful illuminated manuscripts, Egyptian artifacts (including a mummy) and Greek pottery. A nice side trip would be a drive to down to Ellicott City, which has some nice shops. And of course, it's always fun to catch a game at Camden Yards, although I don't know if the O's will be an town. Guess it depends on what you like!
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 05:30 AM

I don't have any info on Henderson's (love the location, tho'), but if you like B&B type places, I suggest you consider the Inn at 2920 (don't know about availability): http://www.theinnat2920.com/
http://www.theinnat2920.com/NYPost.pdf

There are so many great places to go & things to do that it's hard to know where to start. Do your tastes run to the fancy or the funky/offbeat? Do you want to stay put (i.e., walk around where you are staying or at least stay in town), or take outings to charming nearby areas [w/in 30 to 60 mins by car, e.g., south to Annapolis (my hometown) or NE to Havre de Grace or SW to Ellicott City]?

I love Nacho Mama's in Canton (adjacent to Fells Point), but it's not for everyone. http://nachomamascanton.com/

In Little Italy (also adjacent to Fells Point), I'm partial to Bocaccio's. Great pistacio ice cream. They've got an excellent stuffed veal chop that isn't on the menu, but they'll often make it on request. The rest of the menu is great, too.

For places to go, check out this article (all four pages): http://tinyurl.com/h2xcj
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 08:46 PM

This place is awesome...combining the warmth of a B&B with the luxurious feel of a five-star hotel. We have stayed there twice and can't wait to go again because the beds, linens & pillows are more comfortable than anything we've ever experienced. You know how you feel when you're out of town how you can't wait to get home and sleep in your own bed? This place is the opposite...you don't want to leave to go home to sleep in your own bed. The continental breakfast buffet is full and sumptuous with fresh fruits and breads and bagels and homemade granola. Coffee is available round the clock with Fiestaware mugs to drink it out of. Fresh flowers are in the bathroom and real plants in the bedrooms. I could go on and on...I promise you will not be disappointed. Fells Point is a wonderful eclectic kind of area with a water taxi stop close to the hotel that will take you anywhere in Baltimore. But the truth is you will love your room so much you won't want to leave!

As far as restaurants -- just up the street there's a great place called Woody's (above Maggie Moo's) with great late-night eats. Everything we've tried there has been really delicious. Our favorite restaurant is Amicci's in Little Italy -- don't miss the pane rotunda which is a bread bowl covered in shrimp scampi. Fills two big eaters for just $13.99. It's called an appetizer but order that plus a salad for each of you and you'll be more than satisfied. Baltimore's a great city with so many neighborhoods, each with their own distinct feel. Enjoy!