Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Baltimore hotels real close OR connected to InnerHarbor shopping?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Jill

Hi! I'm taking my daughter and niece to Baltimore for a weekend in February for sightseeing. I know the weather may be very cold, so I'm looking for a hotel that it is either connected to (i.e. I believe the Hyatt Regency might be) or real close to the shopping area or other attractions in Inner Harbor. By real close I mean 1/2 to 1 block maximum. Thanks so much!!

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 09:36 AM
kristen

The Rennaisance is connected to both the Galleria and the Inner Harbor (via a walkway). The Hyatt is outside and accross the road.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 09:42 AM
ann

I would highly recommend the Renaissance hotel.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Jill

To the top!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 10:46 AM
John

Just don't be misled by the Wyndham Inner Harbor (formerly Omni). It's not close!

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Diane

We've had a couple of meetings at the Sheraton and been disappointed...it is right down near the harbor, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Old Jan 12th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Boots

Hi! Just chiming in to second the opinion on the Omni - that's where we stayed and thought it was on the waterfront. It was a nice enough hotel (3 star typical) but 2 blocks from where you want to be. - Boots

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 04:06 AM
suz

The Harbor Court Hotel is right at the harbor and the best hotel in Baltimore. It is a very elegant. The Hyatt and Renaissance are also very nice with a super location. The Harbor has plenty of shops and restaurants. Take the water taxi around if its not too cold.
There is a very nice aquarium,science center and kids museum. The Baltimore Museum of Art is 10 minutes from the harbor. Fells Point and Little Italy are nearby. Fells Point is a cute little area near the harbor with shops and little restaurants.

Old Jan 14th, 2001, 03:21 PM
Jill

Thanks for all the info! Renaissance and Harbor court at the top of my list now. Wonder 2 things about Harbor Court though - it sounds pretty formal? WOuld it be too formal for the kids (they are young teens and well behaved)? How far a walk would it be to the gallery (Galleria??) shopping area? Thanks and any other suggestions would be most appreciated!