Baltimore Hotels

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:09 PM
Deb

Baltimore Hotels

trying to decide whether to stay at Harbor Court or Renaissance. Harbor seems to be best in town? Any restaurant choices?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:32 PM
Judy

Although not in the harbor area, I would highly recomment the Doubletree Inn at the Colonnade. Actually, I'm not sure it's still a Doubletree. Anyway, it's on University & Charles directly across from Johns Hopkins University (not the Medical School, which is in a lousy area). It's a lovely hotel & also has one of Baltimore's top restaurants: The Polo Grill.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 12:50 PM
Boots

We love the Renaissance - beautiful hotel with spacious rooms, nice pool area, just across the street from Inner Harbor. The rates can be high. However, last Feb. I bid on Priceline for a 4 star hotel in Inner Harbor, Baltimore and got the Renaissance at $60 per night. Yeah!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 02:15 PM
Kim

I second the Renaissance. Hubby and I stayed there for a weekend getaway last April and were delighted. As a matter of fact, they just sent us a coupon worth $50.00 off 1 night stay.Unfortunately, it has to be redeemed by 3/31 so we won't be able to use it.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 05:40 PM
carol

here's another vote for the renaissance.my husband and i stayed there last summer and would stay there again.great location.we had dinner at a restaurant called,i believe the prime rib.very nice.good food.we took a cab to get there.we did have drinks at the harbor court and it was very nice as well.you may want to check out the inner harbor web site.i think it's baltimore.org.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 02:01 PM
sullivan

have stayed at Harbor Court and am scheduled to stay there 2xs in March. rooms overlooking harbor are fantastic. Ate at the formal restaurant (forget name). food was good, but waitstaff somewhat overbearing. will eat at Brightons next time. staying at tremont plaza hotel coming up. anyone know about it? harbor court was booked. have also stayed at doubletree across from JHU and it was very nice. popular for JHU lacrosse games.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:22 PM
Paula

I would also vote for the Renaissance if I had to choose between the 2. The Renaissance has a parking garage and it is also connected to a shopping mall. There is a brand new Marriott Waterfront Hotel that is getting rave reviews....go on their web-site and compare see if you can get a good deal if you like it.
Good Luck...Paula

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 03:28 PM
Paula

If you like seafood there is a restaurant called McCormick & Schmicks (sp?)...Legal Seafood...and Phillips... There are also other chains such as The Cheese Cake Factory, ESPN Zone, Ruth Chris.... there are hundreds of restaurants in the Inner Harbor I think you will not have a problem finding a good restaurant.
Paula

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:22 PM
Mina

The Renaissance IS a nice hotel, but here's a word of warning...

Make sure you specify that your window faces the outside world (never mind that harborview!) The last time I stayed there, the window actually looked into a mall courtyard or something...I can't even explain it, it was so weird! Imagine a window that looks into another room! I didn't even leave the drapes open, for fear that people could easily see me from the courtyard. I asked to have my room changed, as you can imagine.

Old Feb 23rd, 2002, 04:32 AM
Amy

I would do Harbour Court. I have stayed at both, and the Renaissance is much more of an ordinary hotel, and Harbour Court is a luxury, IMO. Check with the concierge if you want to do any of the attractions, they have tickets so you don't have to stand in line. I don't think much of the inner harbor for shopping and eating, we usually end up in Little Italy for dinner, (short cab) and Fells Point for live music after. I highly recommend the aquarium!