Reload this Page >

Bahia Resort San Diego

Search

Bahia Resort San Diego

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 02:36 AM
katie

Bahia Resort San Diego

Has anyone stayed at the Bahia Resort in San Diego with their kids? What did you think about it? Would you go back?

Thanks.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 06:52 AM
wyoming-gal

Husband and I plus two teenagers stayed there a few years ago. Was not impressed with the rooms at all - small and not very clean. The location was great, right on the water's edge. I think you could do better.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 06:57 AM
John

We went there when I was a kid (Johnson administration - Andrew) and my memories were that the bayfront rooms were cozy, not too fancy, and cool (out the door onto the sand and into the warm water.) We returned a few years ago when our son was 15 or so and I was struck that it's pretty much the same, rooms smallish but not uncomfortable, and great location, walkable from the beach strip. It still feels like a "resort." Definitely not fancy, but "hamish" as we say.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 12:28 PM
Chris

My family and I were at the Bahia in August of '00. The minute we walked into the room I was unimpressed. It was not up to par, to make matters worse, our shower broke. We then had to be inconvienced with a repair man in our room for an hour and a half.
However, it is conviently located. It is only a few blocks to the ocean. If I were you though, dont swim in the bay, besides there are signs all over saying just that. I would not go back there ever, instead, there a a million smaller hotels just up the Pacific Coast about 10 miles or so, that are right on the beach, they are tons better.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 02:26 PM
kate

Location is GREAT, but rooms leave alot to be desired. Your call, you probably won't be in the rooms that much.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 06:16 PM
paul

The Catamarran is owned by the same company as the Bahia but the Cat represents a better value in my opinion. It has a better location and nicer grounds. The cost may be higher. The Cat is located in Pacific Beach on the bay and across the street from the beach.