Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Which jeep tour? Sedona/Monument/Canyon de Chelly?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 09:48 PM
gail

My husband and I are taking our 5 and 8 year old to Arizona this June. But we are on a budget and must choose only one tour/jeep trip. Which is your favorite: Pink Jeep in Sedona, Monument Valley, or Canyon de Chelly?

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 02:44 AM
rqf

I have done all three. If I had to choose one I would pick Monument Valley. Second choice would be de Chelly, third Pink Jeep. You could do a part of Monument Valley in your own car. The road you travel, last time I was there, was not in very good shape. You cannot do de Chelly on your own with the exception of the trail to the White House ruins.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 03:44 AM
Karen

I agree with the previous response. If you can possibly squeeze it out, MV and CDC tours are fantastic...remember, it will be hot and sunny.

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 04:28 AM
howard

All three are marvelous. With the ages of your chidren as the determining factor, I would opt for Monument Valley as well. Of the three, I think they would enjoy that one the most.
Echoing what the others have said, all three are excellent. You might try to squeeze the budget a little elsewhere and take at one of the other two!

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 04:34 PM
G. Kremer

I agree whole-heartedly with the Monument Valley tour. It's awesome!!!

Old Feb 21st, 2001, 07:03 PM
Nan

IMO the best of the 3 for a jeep tour is canyon de chelly as that is the only way you are allowed down into the canyon as its on an Indian reservation.
We drove Monument Valley in our rental car and had no trouble and liked that we could stop when and where WE wanted to. Sedona is very easy to see area with your own car or on short walks.