Reload this Page >

Back from Oahu/Maui-questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 11:30 AM
Yvonne

Returned from a week in Hawaii today. Be glad to answer any questions you might have.

Old Jun 5th, 2000, 11:51 AM
Lani

Yvonne,

Sorry, we can't let you get away with that brief statement, girl! Where did you stay, did you like it and why or why not, where did you eat, and what were your favorite outings? What, if anything would you not do again or differently?

Hope you had a wonderful trip, and we'd love to hear more!

Aloha,

Lani

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 11:54 AM
Yvonne

Grocery List of Activities: Oahu
Hard Rock Cafe: City T-shirt is neat
Pearl Harbor on Memorial Day: Awesome
KOBE Steak House:Food cooked @ table,yum
Iolani Palace: no tours after 2pm daily
Capital Building: different
AlaMoana mall-open air;otherwise same'ol
Aloha Tower-free ride to beautiful view
Top of Waikiki-excellent food & view
Dole Plantation maze-hot day but fun
Climbed Diamondhead-should have been happy with the view from Aloha tower
Surf Taco was deliciously different fast food in Wahiawa
Of course did the beach
Polynesian Culture Center-worth every penny...didn't eat the lua, though.
Shopped Hilo Hatties
Maui:
Maui Myth & Magic Show:Awesome
Road to Hana:the black sand beach was neat but not worth the drive ... definitely borrow a cd from your car rental if you make the trip...don't do it all in one day
Snorkled on a picnic cruise, do your research and book early. Ours didn't go to Molokini as we thought it would.

Watch out for time-share groupies on Maui.

National car rental was cheap
Used Outrigger hotels-nice value

Had a blast-busy, burned, glad 2 B home.

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 06:29 PM
David

Did you go to the Arizonia Memorial? If so what time of day did you get there and was it a long wait / crowded? I'm going to Oahu in a couple of weeks but will be on a fairly tight schedule.

Old Jun 7th, 2000, 03:51 PM
Yvonne

Yes, went to Arizona Memorial. Tight schedule or not, don't miss it, especially if you have a special place in your heart for all the people who lost the lives fighting for our freedom. It is a sombering experience.
We arrived at 9:45 and were issued 12:15 passes. We were there on Memorial Day as was everyone else, so I do not know whether that is an accurate time frame or not. Once we began the 12:15 movie and took the boat ride over to the memorial, it was all over in about 1 hour... give or take.

Hope my soap box didn't offend you.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 06:00 PM
Darlene

Can you tell me more about the Maui Myth and Magic Show, including where/how much/times/reservations needed. Many thanks.

Old Aug 4th, 2000, 12:53 PM
Babs

What company did you use for snorkel in Maui - We DO want to go to Molokini...THANKS!

Old Aug 28th, 2000, 04:48 PM
adder

We spent 10 days in Maui in April and it was fantastic! We took the Pride of Maui snorkeling trip which went to Molikini Crater - it was fun, the kids enjoyed it, but it was big & crowded and very "touristy." Then at the end of our trip we read about "Blue Water Raft Adventures" which also does a snorkeling trip to Molikini & Turtle Island. Blue Water was awesome! It is a raft powered by two 125 horse-power motors, only takes about 20 people at a time. We took the five hour tour which went along the Kanaio coastline (lava caves, arches, coastline, mainly inaccessible by car), then snorkeled at Molikini and at Turtle Town. Since our boat was smaller, we were able to get closer to the crater and the snorkeling was much better. We also saw dolphins along the way and they caught a ride on the waves from the boat (not part of the package, but a nice surprise!)

The raft also provided the ride of lifetime (you sit on the side and hold on to the rope as you bounce over waves.) Definately not for everyone but we loved it and our sons (10 & 12) said "Blue Water rocks!".

I hope you have a great time!