Search

Bachlorette Party

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bachlorette Party

Hi Everyone-

I was hoping to get some input. I am helping my friends who are planning my bachlorette party and I think I want to do a weekend getaway. Most of us were just in South Beach in May for another bachlorette party and a few of us are going to Boca in March for yet another bachlorette party. So I was trying to get ideas on places in Florida we could go that would be reasonably priced and some hotels too. If you have any other ideas that would be great too. We are looking at the mid April - early May timeframe. I thought Vegas might not be that warm yet to get tanned, but let me know what other ideas you have. We would leave Thursday and come back Sunday night.

Thanks!!
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 06:58 AM
ltt

i think vegas usually has pretty nice weather by that time of year. new orleans would be fun too.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 12:29 PM
GoTravel

Early May is more of the off season for South Florida than April would be so the rates will be much better. If your primary reason would be to party and work on your tan, go to Vegas.

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Smilingstill

You seem ready for Key West, and that time of year, the wetaher would be spectacular - and a tan would be 100% assured.

If interested, try research on hotels and B&Bs. If you want to stay intimate but in the heart of the action, La Te Da Hotel on Duval Street would be perrrrrfect. Fab food, open air bar, great cross dressing club, lots of street movement, great bars nearby - all the accutrements to fun. Lots of places to dance and carouse.

If you decide on KW, just post and I'll give you my fav seven places to eat, based on beaucoup trips to the southernmost point in the US. Great town, and no extra charge for the roosters roaming the street and outdoor dives!!

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everybody!! Anymore ideas?? I appreciate all the input!!
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 12:49 PM
GoTravel

I'll second SmilingStill's suggestion of Key West. Excellent idea.

Old Sep 30th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Smilingstill

If Key West, American offers a 11 a.m flight Miami to KW, 45 minutes, On Sunday, you could depart on their 3 p.m. flight, and change in MIA. From Miami, the rest of FL is easily reachable. Hotels in KW will provide transport to and from, or taxis, which are cheap and trip time in under ten minutes to the old part where all the fun begins.

Old Oct 1st, 2003, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks smilingstill!! I am going to start looking into Key West. None of us have been there. Sounds like fun!!
Old Oct 1st, 2003, 05:52 AM
Smilingstill

Great! KW is a nice option, if you can manage the logistics. Keep us posted on your progress, and if it's a "go" I'll post restaurants we've found to be the best there. We've been down several times the past ten months, and the last time managed a conference with 100+ folks. This offered us even more feedback on places to dine and things to do - such as a sunset cruise for two hours - drinks on board, lots of fun, stunningly lovely. A good group activity!!

Old Oct 1st, 2003, 06:38 AM
GoTravel

If you are flying, look at Delta. Delta has a direct flight from Atlanta (hub) and direct flights from most cities to Atlanta.