B&B's near Arches/Moab

Search

B&B's near Arches/Moab

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B&B's near Arches/Moab

Hello! Can you suggest some great B&Bs around the Arches/Moab area? We will be driving from SLC.

I will be traveling with my husband and we plan to do lots of hiking (end of April). What are some favorite trails (moderate to difficult)?

Restaurant suggestions?

Thank you in advance for your time!
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:02 PM

LizaVM,
People seem to like the Dreamkeeper Inn - I haven't stayed there but it looks great. We've only stayed in hotel rooms in Moab - all fine. We like staying in town so we can walk to dinner, etc. Our dining experiences have been good, not memorable. We've eaten at Buck's, Slick Rock Cafe, Miquel's Baja. Had a rather mediocre breakfast at Jailhouse cafe one morning. Our best meal was a place at the north edge of town called Casa Valentina's. Hope it's still there. It sits in a nice grove of trees and serves great mexican food.

Arches is one of my very favorite nat'l parks. I suppose everyone has to do the Delicate Arch hike although I prefer the quieter trails. Loved the Tower Arch hike although it's relatively easy (3.5 mi. rt), Devil's Garden + primitive trail is a great hike - lots of fun. We've never done the fiery furnace hike but it sounds great. If you click on my name and scroll thru my old posts til dec '04 Southern Utah Trip Report, you'll find our last trip with lots of details. There is so much to do there. Can't wait to go back! Sharon
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM

ps - if you'd like to check out our pictures from Utah trips, go to www.pbase.com/peterb - scroll down galleries til you see Utah04. There are some nice shots.
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 06:49 PM

We stayed at the Dreamkeeper Inn last September and we loved it. We had a very nice room, double sinks, they have a pool and a hot tub, and they are wonderful hosts. Breakfast was delicious and we always had fresh baked cookies and coffee/tea/hot chocolate at 6 pm.

We stayed there 3 nights, so 3 dinner experiences: Buck’s (ok, nothing special), Cener Café (very good) and Desert Bistro (wonderful, outside seating, candlelight, very good food and wine).
Have a great trip!
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 11:24 PM

My favorite hikes are Delicate Arch in the late afternoon so the sun is setting on the arch.

Dark Angle (which is not an arch) hike is 5 miles round trip. You go pass Landscape Arch, Double O arch and walk on sandstone fins.

Park Avenue is another favorite in Arches.

In Canyonlands I like Mesa Arch which is pretty short and the 2 mile Grand View hike.

Utahtea