B & B indecision help wanted

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am probably being too anal for anyone to help, but here goes. Trying to decide between Inn on 23rd. The rate quoted is $50.00 more than website - I know that can be possible - but they also will not guarantee desired room. It is many months off and I have never ran into such a thing and have stayed at many b & b's. That is usually one of the cool things is picking which room?? They also have high cancellation fees.

Other choices Abingdon and west-eleventh. I know the neighborhoods somewhat, from many previous NYC trips, but just wondering if anyone can advise me on better location, etc. These two have only $50 cancel fees.

All are similarly priced. Also looked at a few hotels like Washington Park and similar - but these B & B's seem a bit nicer. Thanks!
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 11:12 AM

connette.. try reporting with a title like "Inn on 23rd" AND list the city and state... more chance of people responding. Good luck!
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM

Sorry, I hit the wrong button. Wanted to add that I too, have stayed in many B & B's and picking the room is the fun part and many times makes all the difference in your stay. I wouldn't book there if that truly is their policy.
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. Now, I have received a call back from Abington and they want over $500.00 deposit for 4 nights - nonrefundable. Yikes. So, I just called Inn on 23rd and they say they CAN guarantee rooms if they are not a triple occupancy room. I guess this is in case someone calls later needing a triple. That does make more sense.

So, what do you think?
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 01:49 PM

I think you should start at the beginning rather than in the middle of the story. Why is it "$50 more than website"? What other options would you consider? Better location for what??? What do you plan to do on this trip? With whom are you traveling etc. etc.?
Old Oct 8th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

No worries mclaurie, I am all set. I can reserve specific rooms. Website is to be changing re prices very soon. Believe me, I have been considering other options for several days now. This will be about my 15th trip to NYC - but first time not staying in a hotel there.