B&B Cottages on Maui

Search

B&B Cottages on Maui

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2000, 01:57 PM
Cathleen

B&B Cottages on Maui

Hi everyone,

My partner and I will be staying on Maui for 5 days in May. We definitely cannot afford most of the resort hotels that I hear mentioned here so often, and are instead looking into finding a nice B&B, preferably one with separate cottages, but we're not limiting ourselves too much.

Just wondering if anyone has some first-hand recommendations of some nice rental cottages on Maui... preferably on the west side (Lahaina, Ka'apalani, Kapalua, hope I'm spelling those correctly) or upcountry. A lanai and great view is top priority!

Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 06:13 AM
Paula

Hi Cathleen
You might want to check out the cottages at the Royal Lahaina Resort. I am going with my Mom and Aunt later this month and we got a ocean front suite cottage for 1/2 price since my mom is a senior. I think they also have AAA discounts. They have a great beach there. Not amongst the ritziest of resorts but we were not looking for that. Also they have a shuttle into Lahaina every 20 minutes or so.

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 12:30 PM
emily

I don't have first-hand experience, but I can tell you about Ann and Bob Babson's Bed & Breakfast and Vacation Rentals at 808-874-1166 and www.mauibnb.com. In addition to their accomodations they operate a B&B booking service. They have a two-bedroom cottage and a 1BR apartment in their accomodations. There's also Nona Lani Cottages at 1-800-733-2688, and What a Wonderful World B&B at 1-808-879-9103. Also, a couple more places are Olinda Country Cottage & Inn at 1-800-932-3435 and Kula Cottage at 1-808-878-2043. There's also Maui Dream Cottages at 1-808-575-9079. Several of the above are inexpensive (under $100). You could also check out vacationspot.com, some of the places on there have reviews and pictures. On the west side there are condos at The Napili Bay 1-888-661-7200 some of which have fabulous views and lanais. Went to Maui last year and checked the place out, definitely a possibility for next time as some of the condos go for $85 a night with great swimming and snorkelling steps away. I noticed this place on vacationspot.com also. Looks a good bargain in a great location. Have fun deiciding where to stay! The other places I mentioned are in Kihei, Makawao (upcountry), Kula and Kuau. Hope this helps a little.
Emily

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 01:53 PM
ismella

For not having first hand experience there, Emily (aka Heidi) you sure do have a lot of names AND phone numbers readily at your fingertips.

Sounds like the travel agents have decided to post as regular travelin' folks now in order to sell their stuff!

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 03:07 PM
Paul

We just came back from Maui and spent two nights at the Banyon Tree Guest Cottages in Makawao (sp). This is upcountry next to the town of Pukalani. We could not recommend it more highly. They have both cottages and a great main house. We stayed in the master bedroom of the main house. The house usually rents for $250 a night as there are three bedrooms. But since no one had it reserved, they rented it to us for $85 per night. The cottages are also around $85 per night. It was a quiet and clean place within walking distance to town. You would be a 10 minute drive to Paia and about 25 to Kihei. I don't think they are on the internet so you might want to give them a call. Have fun.

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 03:53 PM
Emily

FYI Ismella I am a regular travelling person, pardon me for trying to help somebody. If you look at any Hawaii travel book you will find these phone numbers (ie. Frommer's). I have nothing to do with the travel industry, I just had some free time to post something, just as you did.
Emily (not Heidi) from Tucson, a real person

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 05:20 PM
urfake

Stop with the planted posts Emily/Heidi! Why would you, as a so-called regular
traveler, presume to answer a question about a place you've never stayed in?
Anyone can read a guide book or do a search on the net -- this forum is for first hand experiences.

Quit the fake questions and answers about Maui all the time.

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 12:05 AM
Max

Lahaina Inn is a great renovated Inn right in downtown Lahaina. The price ($100?) isn't too bad relative to hotels but the rooms are actually tiny (only fits a bed, no phone, no tv). However, it's all antique furniture and each of the rooms are different(I think there are only 10 rooms). They serve continental breakfast. Unfortunately, there's no view (unless you enjoy views of the parking lot).

Also, try the Lahaina Shores. It's a condo-type hotel right on the water at the very south end of Lahaina. I stayed there a while ago (94) and they had this crazy deal at the time where you could get hotel AND car for $100. I don't think the offer still exists, but the kitchen helps lower the price of your stay if you don't mind doing some cooking. Since, it's right on the beach, ocean-side rooms have a gorgeous view of water. Sunsets are unbelievable.