Search

Avalon Hotel-NYC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 08:45 AM
Annie

Avalon Hotel-NYC

Hi:
Has anyone stayed at the Avalon Hotel lately? A search here brings up very little.
Hope you guys can help
Annie

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:30 AM
Annie

Anyone??
Thanks!

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:27 PM
Annie

Annie: I would like to know myself. I saw a great price on this hotel. It seemed a little out of the way. Not much on the web site. We may end up staying at the Hotel Delmonico on Park Avenue. They have suites that are a minimum of 600 sq ft and the rate is $219.00 per night. The Avalon was less expensive, but there was so little information on it. Good luck. Irene

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 03:25 AM
John

Hi Annie:

I work around the corner from the Avalon. It is a very nice hotel! As you know it is on 32nd street between fifth and madison. It is right near the empire state bldg. Also not too far from the trendy Gramercy area. There is another nice property right nearby, the Rodger Williams Hotel. The area is a bit industrial but it should be quiet at night....except for the garbage trucks that seem to be always comming around 3 in the morning!
JOHN

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 05:13 AM
Annie

Thanks John:
The price is irrestible! I can walk or travel by public transportation to get anywhere, so I am going to go for it!
Annie