ATTENTION SOX/CUBS FANS

Old Sep 14th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTENTION SOX/CUBS FANS

The White Sox are playing the Yankees at Yankee Stadium this week and the Cubbies play the Mets at Shea Stadium next week. As its the last year for both stadiums, I'm sure that there will be plenty of Chicago fans out there. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good spot in Manhattan to watch the Bears game (with other Chicago Fans) next Sunday at 1pm local?
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 02:52 PM

I used to watch all the games at St. Mark's Ale House. Decent beer list, decent bar food. Can be a loud crowd, though...but that's to be expected when you show all the games.

Another bar is Reservoir, on University and 11th Street. Also shows all the games.

It's been a couple of years since I lived in NYC, but I assume they're both still there.
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Thanks TFF. Just saw that Micky Mantle's has 28 plasma screens. Do you think that they would have the Bears on (the Giants are playing at the same time)?
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 06:20 PM

No idea on Mantle's...never been there, just walked by. If they have the Sunday Ticket I can't imagine that they'll *not* play the Bears game.

Where are you staying? The St. Mark's Ale House always has fans of every team. When I would go there there would always be a contingent of five or six Bears fans. It's also a good area to be in for barhopping if you're so inclined.
Old Sep 15th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Original Poster

Actually, we're staying at the NU Hotel in Brooklyn but Sunday morning I'm taking my wife to meet her sister & niece at the Westin on West 43rd; they are going to a matinee show.