Reload this Page >

ATSON MAHANA, KAANAPALI, MAUI

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 1998, 11:23 AM
Ann

We have reservation at the Aston Mahana. Does anyone have any information on this hotel??

Also, any other information about Maui activities would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, do all motels/hotels give free scuba lessons?

Thanks!!

Old May 6th, 1998, 04:18 PM
Bart

We have been to Maui 6 times and are going back in Feb 99. Don't know which hotel is the Aston Mahana. But Aston adds and sells hotels all the time. I don't think there are any dive shops or hotels that give free scuba away. There are resort courses available which require some pool time to frequent you with equipment and breathing underwater. Shortly thereafter, they usually take you on a boat for a supervized 40' dive.
I've seen these anywhere from 50-90 dollars. Check around at the activities desk. Hawaii will probably be closer to $90. As far as what to do. The 1st morning after you arrive and your body thinks it several time zones further east - drive up to Haleakala for the sunrise. Personnaly, I think the Road to Hana is overated but I was the driver and it was hell. There is just so much to see & do. Aloha

Old May 6th, 1998, 09:07 PM
Joel

Just got back from Maui yeasterday and I read your message and the above post and I have to disagree with their advice on the road to Hana I too was the driver my wifa and I put the top down in the convertible packed a lunch and had a great time. Was the highlight of our trip. as far as the scuba we stayed at the Westin and I did see them giving lessons in the pool but judging from the cost of everything it was NOT free but i'm not sure. have fun

Old May 15th, 1998, 11:47 AM
Jan H

We stayed at the Aston Mahana in 95. While our unit could have used a little face-lift, we were very satisfied. We got it for a very good price from a private owner. All units are oceanfront with a great view.
Wish I were going back soon.
Jan

Old Jun 7th, 1998, 01:17 PM
Debbie

we just got back from Maui. we stayed there. It was a very nice place. we stayed on the first floor(right by the pool) and our freinds stayed on the 12th floor. both rooms were very nice, we did rent from a private owner But talked with other people that had rooms from them, went into other rooms,all were very nice.it is a nice place. I don't know when you'll be going, but when you get there, turn on the tv to chanel 7, this is the Maui chanel, and it will tell you about a lot of different things you can do. to get to the hotel, go towards Lahina, go past Kannapolli Beach, go to next set of lights, get in the left hand turn lane, you will know this turn, as they are building a shopping center there. after you make the turn, go about 5oo yards and turn left. the Mahanna is at the end of this road. Have a nice trip.