Atlanta Perimeter mall Hotel Quandary

Jun 10th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Original Poster

Atlanta Perimeter mall Hotel Quandary

My school age daughters and I will be visiting friends in Marietta next month and we need a Perimeter Mall hotel recommendation. I am familiar with the area and have seen some of the hotels from the mall, but never been in any of them. We do have Marriott and Hilton points (and Starwood) but location is probably the biggest concern along with safety and security. We will be driving to Marietta often (Chattahoochee river and Johnson Ferry Road area) and shopping at the mall.
Jun 10th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

PS: Do any of these places have laundry facilities? Or maybe someone has another idea of a place to stay for about a week in July in the East Cobb area? THANKS in advance!!!
Jun 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

Let me try this another way: Does anyone have a favorite hotel in the Perimeter Mall area of Atlanta? Thanks!!
Jun 10th, 2008, 03:40 PM

I live in Marietta, so I have not stayed here, but I did a quick search on TripAdvisor and came up with Hilton Suites Atlanta Perimeter. It comes up as the top rated hotel in the perimeter area. It is on Peachtree Dunwoody Road just north of Hammond Drive. It might be a good choice for you since you could use the extra space of a suite with your daughters, and you have Hilton points.
Jun 10th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks!

Do you happen to know what the general location of Hilton Suites ATL Perimeter is? I agree that it has pretty good reviews!

Jun 12th, 2008, 05:08 AM

It is just west of the mall on Peachtree-Dunwoody Rd. You would go north on Peachtree-Dunwoody, take a left onto Abernathy and Abernathy will bring you right to Johnson-Ferry Rd. Right onto Johnson-Ferry will bring you to the river and into East Cobb.

Jun 12th, 2008, 07:01 AM

I live about 20 minutes from Perimeter mall. Security and safety won't be much of an issue for you at the Perimeter Mall area. Just use common sense and you'll be fine. I wouldn't hang out in the Marta station or the mall parking lot late at night but I doubt you would choose to do so. It's the suburbs of Atlanta. Lots of shopping in the area. You'll only be 10 minutes from the Johnson Ferry/Chattahoochee area. I think they are doing some road construction on Johnson Ferry this summer. Check with your friends about any detours.

If it were me, I'd stay at the W Hotel at the Perimeter as it's one of the nicest and newest hotels in that area. However, I agree that one of the suite hotels can be most practical when traveling with children.