Reload this Page >

atlanta help for 2 days

Search

atlanta help for 2 days

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:07 AM
me

atlanta help for 2 days

I am traveling to Atlanta for 2 nights and would like the best restaurant in town. Money is no object.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:17 PM
metoo

I'll make the reservations; bring your credit card & meet me there.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:37 PM
methree

hey, count me in on that too, but i didn't think the varsity accepts credit cards.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 04:24 PM
Terry

Does location or type of cuisine matter?

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 09:03 AM
sharon

The Four Seasons in Midtown has a restaurant called Park 75 that's really nice. It's on 14th St. There is also a restaurant that was listed in Equire as the best in the US called Seegar's in Buckhead. If you're in a carnivorous mood head to Chops...also in B'head (the same area as Seegar's no less). The Food Studio which is in a warehouse near Ga Tech next to Actor's Express theatre.
Dish, Harvest, or Tavola in Virgina Highlands.
Mumbo Jumbo Downtown.
For romance Bacchnalia on Howell Mill, The Supper Club in Decatur, and Apres Diem in Midtown. There's my list.

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 10:19 AM
L

Brasserie Le Coze in Lennox Square (just north of Buckhead) is decent as well ... begun 10 plus years ago by the Bernadin restaurant folks (the sister and her late brother) in NYC. BTW, I've heard some negatives about Seeger ... evidently the rating as the top USA place 2-3 years ago affected service and food, but perhaps by now they've solved their problems and deserve a second look. If you're interested in Thai, there's a good one on North Highland Avenue a few blocks from Ponce De Leon. The owner's wife has a second Thai place just north of Buckhead, Sawaddee (404-303-16680 , where I ate just after returning from Bangkok ... the food was quite comparable. Have a nice trip to Atlanta, my old stomping grounds. Ciao

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 11:48 AM
T.M.

Many people like Bachanalia but do be prepared to fork over the cash. And make reservations early.

Ritz Carlton downtown also gets high marks.

For something a bit lower in the price range, I suggest Canoe. It's near Buckhead on the Chattahoochee River and serves New American cuisine. Nice atmosphere, great food, top-notch service. I go there for my birthday every year.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 02:16 PM
steve

Bachanalia, Seegers, Dining Room at the Ritz Carlton Buckhead, Blue Point and Aria are among the current top spots for dining in Atlanta. My personal favorite is Bachanalia.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 11:52 AM
RB

Another vote for Bacchanalia- cheese selection is outstanding.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 05:25 PM
Amanda

For outside dining and a modern southern taste of the south try the horseradish grill.