Atlanta: Comedy clubs?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be in downtown Atlanta in early feb. Enjoy comedy clubs. Only 1 found was punchline. Any advice or ideas?

Or other must dos in Atlanta? 3-4 days husband and wife. Thanks
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 03:36 AM

Honestly I have not been to a comedy club in ages so I am not sure what all is out there with the exception of Whole World Theater in the Midtown section of Atlanta (it is an improv type of entertainment) and a place called Funny Farm in Alpharetta/Roswell area. I have never been to Funny Farm so I have no clue about it. I have been to Punchline (the one in Sandy Springs in case there is another one) and it was pretty good but that was many years ago. As for as helping you with what else there is to do, I need to know what your interests are. Hope you enjoy your stay.
Old Jan 6th, 2004, 02:48 PM

I went to Punchline last month. Great club and owners. Always a good time (of course, depending on the comedian). Not in downtown though. Haven't been to Funny Farm, though I think its about 20-25 minutes drive time from downtown. Whole World is lots of fun! As beachdreams said, its Improv, but close by in Midtown. Book early for the weekends, they do sell out.

Happy to make suggestions, but need a little more info. Budget? Interests?Will you have a car?
Old Jan 18th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for responses. Additional info is downtown. Renting a car only if necessary. Nights are free. Days are involved with conference. Interests in short time: CNN? coca-Cola? Restaurants and Comedy. How far away from downtown is Punchline?
Old Jan 21st, 2004, 01:24 PM

You will have to rent a car for a trip to Punchline,it's in Sandy Springs just outside I-285 on the northside.I have never been,I do plan to go,though,as it IS,from what I've heard,ATL's #1 comedy club.They advertise all the time on local FM stations...
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:48 AM

Aside from the different drinks from around the world, I think the World of Coke only interests children. I am not a huge fan but have gone and I do enjoy trying to different drinks. CNN tour, I know lots of people that do it and enjoy it so give it a shot. You will certainly need a cab to the Punchline. It is a great club but it depends on who is there of course.

If you have company, you could also go to Agatha's Mystery Dinner Theater. The food is adequate but the show is wonderful. It is located downtown near or on third street. I also enjoy eating at Imerperial Fez. It is a Moroccan restaurant where you dine on the floor (sitting on pillows) and enjoy watching belly dancers while eating. The drinks can be potent.
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all, for your insights.