Ashland Restaurants for Kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be in Ashland this summer with a 10 and a 13 year old. Any suggestions for places to eat that they might enjoy and where the adults might be able to eat something other than burgers? Thanks!

Old Jun 29th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Original Poster

Sorry....that's Ashland, Oregon.
Old Jun 29th, 2005, 04:33 PM

Ashland is filled with restaurants that would fit the bill. check my trip report from this April -- any of the places that we ate at would be fine. In addition, there was a small cafe on the main street, near the theaters, that was really good. I think it was called "Greenleaf". Have a great trip!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:30 AM
jgg

My kids are the same age. We all enjoy eating at Kat Wok - it is Pan Asian and a fun, hip atmosphere (62 E. Main St.) , Standing Stone Brewing Co. - great hamburgers and pizza, but a also a diverse menu with steak and fish (101 Oak St.), Quinz - 29 N. Main St. and you must have breakfast (and/or lunch) at Morning Glory's - one of the best breakfast's in Oregon (1149 Siskiyou Blvd - near the University.)

You will be able to take your kids most anywhere but those are our favorites!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:36 AM

I was also about to suggest KatWok if they will eat Asian food. Fun place and very good.

Hmm. Morning Glory's, huh? We'll have to try that in July. We usually can't get past the place on the river for breakfast -- is that Greenleaf? Sitting outside is wonderful in the morning. My partner always has a piece of Marionberry pie for breakfast!!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 07:20 AM
jgg

Can't believe I almost forgot Tabu (76 N. Pioneer). They describe themselves as Latin Fusion. Wonderful tapas, sangria and Mojitos!

Patrick - yes, you must try Morning Glory's in July. If you come midmorning (say after 10:00am be prepared for a wait), but it is worth it. Yes, Greenleaf is probably the one you are referring to, but it is more of a creek than a river. Enjoy your visit!
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 08:48 AM

We were just in Ashland yesterday, stayed at the Plaza which was again, wonderful. Our kids like the Ashland Bakery & Cafe for the pizza there. It is right on the main street, next to one of our favorites, Chateaulin.

We have also enjoyed nice meals at Beasey's on the Creek with our kids. You can sit outside on the patio which is nice on a summer's eve. They have very good pastas, steaks, seafood here. Much better than Alex's, IMO>

If you are ever looking for a fine dining experience while in Ashland, The Peerless wowed us on Tues. night. New chef from the Ritz in SF, Peter O' Toole, is doing wonderful things in the kitchen here. They have a gorgeous patio in the back of the restaurant that was full the night we were there. If you don't want to take your kids there for dinner (our daughter loved it when she was 13) you could go for desserts. Cheers and have a great time in Ashland! Make sure you get the kids one of those yummy caramel apples at the Ashland Fudge Co.! ***kim***
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 09:05 AM

We also dined at Quinz, I don't know if your kids would like it. We waited over 45 minutes for our salad to be brought out. Horrid service, but the food was good once it came out. Meatballs, duck breast, seafood paella were all good. We were trying to make the Green Show so we were in a bit of a hurry. ***kim***
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 10:52 AM

Hee, hee. Can't believe I called that trickle a river.

Where is Peerless?
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 06:10 PM

265 Fourth Street, www.peerlessrestaurant.com is the website. It is right next to the Peerless Hotel. It's better than ever now and I highly recommend it! Can't wait to return again the end of the month. ***kim***
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 08:50 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! Looks like we've got some great options.
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all. We had a great time and your suggestions really helped!