Arizona Marriott Resorts

Nov 25th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Original Poster

Arizona Marriott Resorts

I would like to take my family to Arizona in April 2008. We have plenty of Marriott points and would appreciate recommendations.

The children are teenagers and we like to just hangout. Any suggestions on the following?

1. JW Marriott Desert Rudge
2. Marriott Camelback
3. Marriott Buttes

Thanks
Nov 25th, 2007, 09:09 PM
TahitiTams

It's been awhile but the JW Desert Ridge was really nice..
Stayed many times at the Buttes when it was a Wyndham..it needed a major remodel about 2 years ago..
right off the freeway.

Hands Down JW Marriott Desert Ridge!!

Nov 25th, 2007, 09:26 PM
dmlove

The good thing about the Desert Ridge with kids is that there's a "lifestyle" center across the street -- restaurants, movies, some stores, etc. We liked the pool area a lot.

Nov 26th, 2007, 06:03 AM

Definitely the Desert Ridge, since it has so many things to do, and is so big, there are lots of places to simply relax. It is also on the northern edge of PHX development, so you can see more actual desert!!
And, as said earlier, the pool area is great, w/ a lazy river, sm. waterslide, and i think 4-5 big pools.
Nov 26th, 2007, 04:58 PM

Marriott Canyon Villas @ Desert Ridge. Beautiful resort
Nov 26th, 2007, 08:19 PM

I'm going to have to take a different view and recommend the Camelback. My wife and I stayed there last December and we liked it so much that we are going back this year. The Camelback sort of just oozes this southwestern charm. Not your typical hotel. The rooms are huge, grounds are gorgeous, and they are completing a major renovation in March. Not to say that DR is a bad choice. We went and checked it out and I would say that it is more of a typical big resort. My two cents.
Nov 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM

I loved the Camelback Inn too. We stayed there on our first two nights in the USA (ever) and it couldn't have been a nicer introduction. Beautiful grounds and comfortable, spacious rooms. I have to say though, that we got a very cheap rate back in summer 2004.
Nov 27th, 2007, 10:00 AM
dmlove

I'm adding to my earlier post to say that I would choose the Camelback too if it were just me and my husband. But with teenagers, I'd still pick Desert Ridge.

Nov 27th, 2007, 05:32 PM

harvey, you might be already too late to use your points. We booked our stay at the Desert Ridge a while ago for our April '08 stay. We can't wait to return!
Dec 1st, 2007, 04:32 AM

just to make note:

the camelback is under a $35 million renovation until march of 2008.

thelegendgrows.com

i am not sure what it will be like afterwards, as previously, the rooms and facilities were dated in parts, which was why I did not recommend it over the Desert Ridge.

Search this Thread