Reload this Page >

are disney parks open all year round?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 11:56 AM
maria batch

me and my family are visiting orlando between 14-31 december 2001. do the theme parks open all year round and on christmas day? what is the weather like at that time of year? Is it hot enough to wear shorts and t-shirts?Or do you reccomend taking warmer clothes?

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 12:37 PM
Kim

Not only is WDW open on Christmas (and all other holidays), but it will be one of the busiest and most crowded times to be there. Suggest you go to a bookstore and purchase Birnbaum's Guide to Walt Disney World. It should have all the information you'll need about WDW, including what kind of weather to expect.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 06:10 PM
tom

We usually go during the summer months, but also tried WDW during Xmas 1999. As far as weather, we found it much more variable during Xmas season than during summer.

Summer is very predictable - hot during the day and warm evenings. All we bother to pack is short pants and short sleeve shirts.

During winter, many of the days were warm enough for shorts & Tshirt (low to upper 70s F), but other days were cooler (low 60s). Evenings were usually cool - I remember low 60s - upper 50s. It didn't happen while we were there, but early mornings can be in the 40s and even 30s.

For a winter trip, I think a layered clothing approach would work best.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 06:15 PM
Cindi

They are all open and it should be in the 50's, you would do best in pants, a light shirt and bring along a light jacket(I have seen people there in less, just depends on how cold tolerant you are). It is not as crowded then as it is in the summer season. I speak as a native Floridian and a Disney lover. Enjoy.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 06:21 PM
Sara

I suggest that you take clothing for both warm and cool weather. We were at Disney World between Christmas and New Year's Day last year, and, although our first day there we were in shorts, a cold front came through the next day, and it was pretty cold the rest of the time we were there (down to the 30's at night). None of us had brought many warm clothes, and I was the only one who had my warm jacket with me (and only because I had worn it to the airport in Boston). Although I hadn't planned to buy any Disney clothing, I broke down and bought a sweatshirt because I was so cold. Layering is a good idea.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 06:22 PM
kristen

I am a Disney lover (actually just returned last week from a holiday there) and yes, they are open all year. Xmas is a great time to go, although very busy, but beautifully decorated for the season. I was there in Dec. '00 and it was COLD (40s) one day and upper 50s on other days. Pretty chilly for Florida, but in the winter you never really know what to expect. Pack trousers as well as shorts and jackets and sweatshirts as well as t-shirts. A lot to pack, but better than freezing or sweating to death! Enjoy!

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 09:41 PM
John

I have lived here in Orlando for 35 years. Christmas time is a very busy time for all the parks. They are open every day. However, Most of them close at 6:00 or 7:00. Some will stay open until 9:00 for special Christmas shows. The weather is unpredictable, usually the highs are in the 60's to 70's and 40's and 50's for the overnight lows. It could rain but, is usually dry and we occasionally get a cold front (4 to 5 times in the winter) that will dip us down into the 30's.