Are city tours available in Columbus, Ohio

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2003, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any tour companies that provide guided tours in Columbus Ohio?

Will be in Columbus in late October. It might be nice to see the city on a tour.

Thanks.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 06:06 PM

A Columbus, Ohio city tour? Fine, but what will you do for the next ten minutes?
Seriously, there may be such a thing, but I don't know. AAA guides have decent walking tours of German Village and I think one of downtown.
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 09:49 PM

There is actually quite a bit to see and do in Columbus. The last time I was there I remember taking a trolley tour of the city. I am sorry that I do not remember the name of the tour operator. I am sure that if you ask your hotel the should know about it. The links below have more information about Columbus.

The most unique neighborhood there is German Village. It a nice area to just stroll and enjoy the architecture and brick sidewalks and streets. If you like German food I highly recommend Schmidt's. Save room for their famous cream puffs. The Book Loft, a 32 room bookstore in German Village is also quite interesting.

other things to check out are the Franklin Park Conservatory, Columbus Museum of Art, Short Noth, Arena District, and of course the Capitol Building. The Coumbus Zoo is also very impressive.

http://www.experiencecolumbus.com/main.cfm

http://www.germanvillage.org/?CFID=8...01063085400757
Old Sep 8th, 2003, 09:51 PM

Oops, I meant to say "Short North"
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 03:33 AM

The Ohio Historical Center and Ohio Village are great. A nice museum and walking, living village to experience.(Similar to, maybe even better than Dearborn's Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village.)

""Described by the Smithsonian Guide to Historic America as "probably the finest museum in America devoted to pre-European history.""
Old Sep 9th, 2003, 06:46 AM

They used to have horse drawn carriage tours through downtown, not sure if they still have them or not. The Ohio State House which has recently been refurbished, also has tours. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.