Arches National Park in Late October

Old Sep 8th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arches National Park in Late October

Does anyone know what the weather will be like in late October? Am planning to drive from Boulder Colorado to Las Vegas with a stop over in Arches to do the Delicate Arch trail or the Fiery Furnace. Also, I will be travelling alone and wonder whether I should choose the Fiery Furnace trail because it is with a group or does that not make a difference? Thanks for your help in advance.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 05:53 AM

Definitely see the Delicate Arch, so beautiful. We've been there twice in October, cool in the early mornings, then nice during the day and cooler in the late afternoon.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 06:02 AM

October is a great time to visit Arches, but check on the NPS website and make sure the Fiery Furnace tour will be available when you are there. It is only available seasonly and I believe they stop the tours in late October/early November.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 07:02 AM

I think I would be more worried about the weather in Colorado than Arches for late October!

From I-70 take the Cisco exit and take Scenic Hwy 128 into Moab, Utah. Once you cross the Colorado River you then travel deeper and deeper into a canyon with orange/red sandstone walls on either side of you as you follow the Colorado River into Moab. Arches is just 4 miles north of Moab.

Utahtea
Utahtea
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 07:35 AM

Don't worry at all about doing the Delicate Arch hike alone. You will have plenty of company and it's not a hike you can get lost on.

Either one is great. Maybe you'll have time for both!